Errors when compiling to iOS, Pandora or WebOS

Previous topic - Next topic

Enigma

Hi,

I'm getting errors if I compile to anything other than windows. If I compile for iPhone i get this.

arm-apple-darwin9-g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin9-g++: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin9-g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin9-g++: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory

If I compile to Pandora I get this.

R:/Compiler/platform/Pandora/bin/ld.exe: crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

If I compile to WebOS I get this.

R:/Compiler/platform/webos/bin/ld.exe: crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have tried uninstalling GLBasic and downloading it again and reinstalling it, but I have no idea why it's not working. I'm using Windows 7 32bit but that should make any difference should it? All I'm doing as a test it printing something to the screen. Any ideas?

Russ Hoy

MrTAToad

That is weird - do you have MinGW installed ?

Enigma

Russ Hoy

Ian Price

Are you using the FULL version of GLBasic and not the demo?

You are getting errors, but is the app being built and can you use it? Does it state "Success" at the end of compiling?

I get (loads of) errors for WebOS, but I'm still able to run the compiled code on my Palm Pre.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

The problem with MinGW should have been fixed.  Gernot was talking about the problem in the forums yesterday and I think he found the reason for it - I dont think it is MinGW related, but it might be worth uninstalling it and seeing if it solves the problem.

Enigma

@Ian I'm using the full version. It doesn't state Success it says 1 Failed.

@MrTAToad I was talking with Gernot about this and he asked me to rename my MinGW folder, but I was still getting the errors, so I don't think it's that.

If I'm the only one getting this, I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it is.
Russ Hoy

MrTAToad

Ah, it was you who was discussing it.  I had thought it was fixed.

I'm going to install MinGW now to see if I too get the same problem

Enigma

@Mr TAToad How did you get on? Did installing MinGW give you the same problems I have?
Russ Hoy

MrTAToad

Yes, it seems fine with MinGW installed - tried it with iPhone, WebOS and Pandora, and everything compiles fine.

This is my system path :

Code (glbasic) Select
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\MinGW\bin

Enigma

I have 2 user variable setup as well. These are.

GCC_EXEC_PREFIX
MinGW

They are set to C:\MinGW

Would it matter what version MinGW I have installed? I've currently got version 5.1.6 installed.
Russ Hoy

MrTAToad

I'm using the latest version whatever that is :)

Enigma

It was MinGW that was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and removed the entry in the path and rebooted. I can now compile for iOS, Pandora and WebOS. :)

I was using version 5.1.6 of MinGW, but I believe it works with the latest version.
Russ Hoy