Help for NEWBIES. NOTE: I am a newbie so I cant really help.

Previous topic - Next topic

blackout12

This is for people who have absolutley no idea what they are doing, like me  :blink:  :nw:

erico

Hi Blackout12,

welcome aboard, I see you flooded other topics on your quest for help, it is better keep your question focused on one forum topic (which you might create) other then hijack other forums with different topics unless it is quite similar.

Anyways, it seems you have problems with sprite and background, paste your question here I might be able to take a peek ;)

blackout12

Hello erico, thank you for replying. I am having trouble loading my sprite and backround. this is the input that I am using to load my sprite that is not working:
LOADSPRITE "C:/folder 1/blackout",0
DRAWSPRITE 0, 300, 150
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

Ian Price

You are not using the correct path to the image directory.

GLBasic automatically creates a directory called XXXXX.app (XXXXX is the name of your app) - make sure you put all media into the "Media" folder in  there (graphics and sound/music) and use the
Code (glbasic) Select
SETCURRENTDIR("Media")
that appears at the start of every new GLB code (just unquote it //)

Then just use -
Code (glbasic) Select
LOADSPRITE "sprite.png",number

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

No worries, but as mentioned elsewhere, please open a new thread to ask a question and don't ask the same question in other threads. We really don't mind answering the same question one hundred times if it's asked 100 times in 100 new threads, but not in other people's unrelated threads.

We're good like that :)
I came. I saw. I played.

blackout12

I am sorry for the repeated posts that were off-topic. (I got a little desperate)

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

blackout12

This is the code I used, it didnt work. Im sorry Im such a nuisance  :giveup:
SETCURRENTDIR(Media)
LOADSPRITE "blackout.bmp" ,12
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

blackout12

I realized I didnt have the DRAWSPRITE funtion. unfortnately, it didnt work...again. it said ***failed*** post this on forum, so I did:
SETCURRENTDIR(Media)
LOADSPRITE "blackout.bmp" ,0
DRAWSPRITE ,0 ,300,150
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

Ian Price

Make sure you put "Media" in quotes (like I just did) and ensure your media actually is in the Media folder of your app.
I came. I saw. I played.

blackout12

SETCURRENTDIR "Media"
LOADSPRITE "blackout.png" ,0
DRAWSPRITE ,0 ,300,150
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

didnt work   O_O :blink:

mentalthink

Hi blackout12  you only need patience and illusion for programming... and you can see the results, at the begin it's a bit complex, after a while really you enjoy a lot, and the good thing of GLbasic, you will program in a lot of languages.

I told you this, because when I start , I never program before, and I stay like you... now I think I have about 3 years in this Community, and I do anything I want think whit GLBasic... be patiently and work hard... not it's nothing complex, and all us are here for help you to you and another people... The forum have a lot of people very very smart programming and you can learn a lot... don't dismiss...

And Welcome from my part...
Iván J.