GLBasic V9 is out

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Please check again. Does it show 9.003 now? Can it do the download?
If not, get a new setup. The update manager might have been old, still. Darn.

matchy

Congrats on the new version!  :booze:

I uninstalled v8 and installed the full v9.003. I didn't have to reset the serial # as there's no demo badge so it's all good here.

Kitty Hello

Beware: 2D games for Win,Linux and MAc are free to program. You don't see a DEMO mode here.

Ian Price

QuotePlease check again. Does it show 9.003 now? Can it do the download?
Yep, it's working now. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

aonyn

Hi Gernot,

I just downloaded the new version and I am getting this error in the console every time I try to compile and run

Code (glbasic) Select

*** Configuration: WIN32 ***
precompiling:
*** create process failed

I have tried with several projects which were working, as recently as yesterday using 9.001.
This happens with all.

I even tried with this, directly from your documentation, and same problem.
Code (glbasic) Select

PRINT "HELLO WORLD!" ,100,100
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Kitty Hello

run depends (www.dependencyviewer.com) on the file compiler/platform/gpc.exe and show me what dlls are missing.

Ian Price

The current update is definitely working fine, as I've compiled for pc, iDevice and Palm Pre this morning. Speaking of which, Gernot, check your PMs for an update :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Thanks for PAUSEMUSIC and LOADSPRITEMEM(). They are immediately useful. The WebOS compatibility is huge :) I will be getting a Palm Pre as soon as I can because of that.

aonyn

Hi Gernot,

It says that the following two dependencies are missing.

IESHIMS.dll
WER.dll

BTW, I am using WindowXP Pro SP3

Thanks,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

freedomdown

I'm getting a ton of errors when compiling on my Pandora.

They all center around fbuffers.cpp and they are all undefined references to things starting with 'gl' and ending with '0ES'
such as 'glFramebufferRenderbuffer0ES'

Kitty Hello

Oh noes!
That again. Thanks for mentioning. The framebuffer on Pandora is totally shite implemented. WebOS and iPhone work no problem, but they always say it's me who is wrong :/

pinete

Hi all,
I'm continue experiencing problems with this update, sorry in case someone has posted the solution in another post.. I don't want to bother you all... what could I do? what I obtain is a app crash after click "update now" button..
thanks in advance. :)

MrTAToad

Uninstall and download the version from the website

aonyn

Hi Gernot,

I uninstalled 9.003, and downloaded a fresh copy of 9.006, and still have the same problem, I can't compile at all.

As I explained in an earlier post, I ran dependency walker, and it showed these two dlls as missing:
IESHIMS.dll
WER.dll

According to a quick google search, these dlls are for IE8, and for Windows Vista+.
XP does not include these dlls.

What can I do to fix this so I can get back to my GLBasic projects?

Thanks,
Dave

okee

I think dependency walker might be leading you in the wrong direction
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2465111/dependency-walker-reports-ieshims-dll-and-wer-dll-missing
i'm running windows XP sp3 and i have neither of these files on my computer

Try uninstalling your current version ,
Then go to program files directory, the glbasic folder will probably still be there
either rename the the folder or delete it
Then install the new 9.006 installation and reboot.
See does that do any good
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)