Help with press release

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

this time I could need a hand with a press release.
I'm very very bad when it comes to writing texts. There are people out there that can do, and I'm willing to pay, but they have _no_ idea what they are talking about.

So - is anyone here how knows about GLBasic, what it does feels like being able to write a proper press release for the V9?

Contents should be:
-GLBasic now free for 2D Win, Linux, Mac programs w/o commercial use.
-Added support for platforms iPhone and Palm Pre/WebOS.
-Can sell stuff on the big online stores (iOS App Store/Palm App Catalog/Intel AppUp)
-GLBasic features cross compiling for many platforms
-Very easy to learn/high performance programs/C++ extendability
-Large user base/great support

Should the new competition be mentioned? I'm still planning it, but it's quite clear it will happen.

Hark0

You're asking someone to develop a PDF document or similar to "sell" the virtues of GLBasic?

This is a part of my job....  :)

In that case, please specifies all interesting points to emphasize... besides what you mentioned.
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

shawnus

Hi Gernot,

Here is a link to a sample press release:

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1073790963&type=RESOURCES

I guess it gives you a general format & you could do some 'context substitution' ie:

'Anytown Construction is using a new email and telephone system to tackle the problem of contacting your builder whilst a job is in progress'.

with

'GLBasic is proud to announce the release of version 9 with an impressive array of new features that will impress, benefit and will be a 'must have' for game developers of all abilities.'

or something?

Cheers, Shawnus

Ian Price

Quote'GLBasic is proud to announce the release of version 9 with an impressive array of new features that will impress, benefit and will be a 'must have' for game developers of all abilities.'

Sold!!! Now where can I get it from? ;) :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Leginus

Hark0

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Feb-03
Quote'GLBasic is proud to announce the release of version 9 with an impressive array of new features that will impress, benefit and will be a 'must have' for game developers of all abilities.'

Sold!!! Now where can I get it from? ;) :D

+1
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

shawnus

ok remove the domain (ie game) but keep the context person specific- what about 'committed', 'dedicated' or 'loyal' developers?

Kitty Hello

Ahem...

# # #
GLBasic extends its immense platform support

With the release of version 9, GLBasic adds support for the Palm WebOS powered devices as Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Given that GLBasic already supports the highly rewarding iOS platform for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, this addition will especially attract  small software companies and indie programmers. WebOS development does not require any additional paid developer program, nor additional, expensive hardware and thus offers a sneak into the world of paid Apps at low risks.

Speaking of risks, the full functionality is open for programmers to try without any trial limitations. Even more, GLBasic is completely free for creating non commercial programs with rich 2D functionality for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.

The current portfolio of GLBasic's supported platforms cover 10 different operating systems. The list has constantly grown for the last few years and there are already plans for further targets. One of the biggest benefits, thus, is the ability to directly call C/C++ code within your BASIC program. BASIC is very easy to learn, yet here it is also powerful and fast because of the compiler back-end. The extendability is a reassurance for not getting stuck in a dead end when you switch to GLBasic. The language really is alive, and so is the prize winning support in the frequently visited forums and the direct developer chat options.

Programs compiled with GLBasic have been accepted on many online stores. The Apple App Store, Palm's App Catalog and Intel's AppUp just to name the big ones.

# # #

Is it too short? Should I add the compo? What did I miss? Should I add 2 images? If so, which?

Ian Price

Nice :)

However, here are a few suggestions to help tidy it up a little.

Quotefull suncionallity
I presume you mean "functionality"

Quotenor additional
or additional

Quoteoffers a sneak into
"offers a way into" - sneak can be seen as being sneaky, underhanded, perilous, hand in cookie jar

QuoteThe list was constantly growing for the last few years
The list has grown considerably over the last few years

Quotehere is is powerfull
here it is powerful

Quotejust name the big ones
"just to name the big ones"

There is some odd grammar in there but you get the message across. TBH I wouldn't make it any longer, as people will lose interest before getting to the end.

As for images, yes - pictures speak can ten thousand words. But indeed which?

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

@Ian, thanks for these!

Quote from: Ocean on 2011-Feb-08
Generally:  avoid the passive voice at (almost) all costs, try to avoid  the gerund (non finite verb form) as well.

OK, my mind is too blocked here. How would you transform:
Quoterogramming for WebOS devices does not require any additional paid developer program
to remove the gerund?