List of entrants/entries into the Xmas/Easter GLBasic competition

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasist

Sounds like "List Of Entries" thread has been turned to "blox playtesting" thread :)
Are posters have not enogh INT&WIS to resist the simple puzzle game?

PeeJay

Well, most other people seem to be very secretive about their projects .....
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

AndyH

I'm 50% certain I will have a playable version of my game submitted in time, but I've been wrong half the time and I'm not really sure about that.

XaMMaX

Sry for my english

Kitty Hello

AndyH

UTC midnight tonight is the deadline... what time is that in the UK?  Silly question but the clocks go change for summer time soon and I'm not sure exactly what time in the UK I've got to.

AndyH

Achim

Thank AndyH - good luck to you too ... and may the best program win :)

CYA !
- www.softworxs.de -
[Be different - play smart]

Albert

Finally uploaded the entry. Go to sleep. Sleep... sleeeeeeeeep... zzzzz.

BasicMe

Uploaded my game "Logoball" this morning...only hours before the deadline! :P

Description: Program a bouncing ball to bounce your way across the gameboard to a goal square.  The actual gameboard pieces are hidden until you bounce on them once and reveal them.  How the ball reacts to each square depends upon how you "program" it, using the arrows at the left of the screen.

Only 25 levels currently...I ran out of time before the contest deadline...

Simon Parzer

My game "Klaur" is also in. I've made it from scratch just for this competition. Sadly, I couldn't finish everything before the deadline, so in the competition version there are only 8 levels, 3 minigames and no sound or music.

I've uploaded video showing a short gameplay sequence of Level 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDY4vVJF91c

If anyone wants to make music, sound effects, levels or additional minigames for Klaur, contact me!

Kitty Hello

This is a pretty decent game. Please finish it, even after the compo.

Simon Parzer

Gernot: Thanks for the compliment! :) I already have plans to do so. The next big thing is music and sounds, because without there is no real atmosphere. Then there could be a lot more minigames. During the competition I made a textfile with ~20 minigame concepts. Most of them are not easy to implement, also because I have no real F200 to test more complicated things with the touchscreen.
Another big thing is improving the GP2X performance. In the current version, if you have more than 10 objects (enemies, ...) on the screen it starts to slow down. Luckily I already found the major CPU eaters (enemy logic and object collision), and it doesn't seem too hard to improve the algorithms.

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore anyone with my lengthy report. Back to work and expect a finished game with all the extras in a month or two.

AndyH

Not a lot of screenshots considering there's a fair amount of entries!  Come on people.

Here's some screenshots of Ms Mouth Trap:

Quasist