Voice chat and text chat

Previous topic - Next topic

gadido30

Hi All,

I will try to ask different question,

Lets say I want to write Multi Player game Cross Platform (Windows,Linux,MAC,Android,IPHONE),

I want to use text chat and voice chat cross platform , so users inside the game can talk each other,

Any idea if its possible in GLBasic?

Thank You
Gadi

mentalthink

I'm not sure  but this it's C and have a lot of platforms and free(I don't read completly perhaps after have to pay something)...
http://www.linphone.org/eng/documentation/dev/liblinphone-free-sip-voip-sdk.html

kanonet

Text chat is absolutely no problem with GLB, but native GLB does not have voice chat. Since you can extend GLB with C++ you may find a way to add this, but it would mean work.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

That would be an interesting thing to add...

gadido30

Thank You,

Is there simple example for cross platform text chat?

I can't use SIP bcz it needed UDP ports, I will prefer xmpp voice or other voice chat protocol based on tcp.

Thank You
Gadi

kanonet

In GLB you have NET_ and SOCK_ commands for networking, both send strings. It just makes no difference if you send game data (like positions of the player or enemies) or your text chat. When you learn how to program a network game you will automatically learn how to text chat.
Net_ commands are easier, but i prefer SOCK_ commands since they are more powerful and even can get used to communicate with programs from other programming language (they offer normal Berkeley standard sockets).

Networking tutorials can be found in the forum.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

gadido30