What happened to the "Future of GLBasic" thread?

Previous topic - Next topic

jSmith

Hey guys! I bookmarked an interesting thread here just yesterday, but when I came back to read it today, it's gone!

What happened?  :o
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.

erico

Thanks God that banana thread is gone, though I have to thank a few chaps for the deeper explanation on how GLB works, it was very educating and I learned some. But please, let´s carry on.

kanonet

We don't know. There is a discussion in admin board what happend, no one knows - no one even knows a reason why someone should have deleted it. We're not even sure if the thread starter would have the power to do this or only admins/moderators.

So nothing we can tell you ATM, but its very sad that this interesting thread is gone. :O
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

fuzzy70

Perhaps the mysterious GLB update fairies have forum control also  :O

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

I notified Ian about it this morning - I presume there aren't any other posts missing...

Ian Price

I'm at a complete loss too. It was an interesting topic, that brought up some good points. I'm not aware of any other threads being removed, but sometimes it can take a while to notice.

I'd like to assure people that the Admin team would rather lock a thread than delete it. None of us liked the way it was censored by removal.
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

It's been a very long time since I have Administered or Moderated an SMS forum & vaguely remember there are logs that can be viewed. However how far up the chain of command you have to be to view them & even if it was a SMS or a PHPbb forum I honestly do not recall.

Can a person that starts a new thread delete it seeing as they created it?, I know on some forum software you can but what ones I'm unsure of.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

spacefractal

the thread was not just negative bashing, but its did also bring out very nice points too and possible future etc. So yes, its was a interesting typic that got deleted.

Me thinks, its was the original thread starter (not sure who that started the thread)?

PS. If its was the original thread starter, that deleted it, im do thinks we should respect that.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

fuzzy70

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Aug-06
Me thinks, its was the original thread starter (not sure who that started the thread)?

PS. If its was the original thread starter, that deleted it, im do thinks we should respect that.
It is possible as I just had a look at some topics I started off & there is a button at the bottom with "Remove Topic" on it which doesn't appear on any others that where not started by me.

Part of me respects it, but part of me doesn't. The part that doesn't is purely from the point of view there was some very good points raised which may not see the light of day again due to them being responses & not just general posts.

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

kanonet

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Aug-06PS. If its was the original thread starter, that deleted it, im do thinks we should respect that.
I do not agree, of cause someone could delete his own posts if he feels like this was necessary. - But if he deletes a whole topic, he also deletes all answers, everything that was posted by other guys. And I think that he does has no right to do this.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Ian Price

I'm totally with Kanonet on this. It was a public discussion, not a one way topic.
I came. I saw. I played.

matchy

I want to know more about these banana threads and update fairies.  :D :D

fuzzy70

Quote from: matchy on 2014-Aug-07
I want to know more about these banana threads and update fairies.  :D :D

Don't upset the fairies, they may visit your pc & start deleting code also  :O  :D

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

matchy

fuzzy70, I'm not because I don't think fairies are real like you.

Schranz0r

Let's make a new thread!
I think i got the deleter...
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard