GLBasic Expert needed to assist in updating a GLBasic coded iOS Game.

Previous topic - Next topic

enhanceprojects

I need an experienced GLBasic programmer to assist me with some update work on my iOS app (developed originally in GL).  If you are interested please let me know and we will arrange to discuss offline....  Thanks! :)

Ian Price

Is it an app or a game?  Is the app already published on iOS platforms? Link? Why are you no longer developing in GL?

I might be interested, depending on my questions above. PM me.

A little more bait might attract more fish. :)

I came. I saw. I played.

enhanceprojects

Thanks Ian....  Have PMed you....

Some more info for others who might be interested...

The app is a lovely little simple game coded in GL.  I did not create it....  I purchased it from the developer as I loved his work...  It has been working on the app store perfectly since early 2011 until about 3 days ago when we pulled it to complete the ownership transfer.  had some fantastic reviews early in its release, but like many (!) games with no work (love!) they slowly disappear....

I have redone the graphics (only a couple of screens), but now need someone with the knowledge to help me update it, include a couple of new features and repost it to itunes.  Obviously I will compensate ($$$$!) you for your time, knowledge and assistance! 

Not a big job.....  But definitely outside my abilities :-)

Cheers

Angela

matchy

I'd like kindly to note a repeat request for a formal jobs section on the forum for new members canvasing for projects.  :offtopic:

Ian Price

Gernot has now implemented one. Topic moved.

[EDIT] PM not received.  :blink:
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

not sure a new forum was really needed? offtopic was a nice place to do that, howover im do thinking people which offer help with other than codning could have placed here as well. This one is a example:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9063.0.

Its a sad thing you cant transfere a app to a another developher without pulling it. That mean the user need to purchase again for a game they allready have purchased, which might can give some negative reviews.

PS. Sorry for this offtypic its self. Its a nice new user post :-D.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

enhanceprojects

Hi Ian - I sent that PM again ... Hope it got there this time  :doubt:

bigsofty

I also may be interested if its still available.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

:offtopic:

I like this new forum branch...It may make it easier for the pro GLB coders to check for offers.
But now I got curious about which game that is :)

I hope Angela can find what she needs.
Cheers! 

edit:typos

enhanceprojects

Thanks Erico!  Glad my gatecrashing of your forums can be of assistance somehow! Fingers-crossed I can find someone to help me!  Have PMed you some details of the game to quench your interest in which game it is  ;)

mentalthink

It's nice have a Jobs , perhaps in some days a lot of people come here to demand works!!!

Angela for sure here you find experts!!! don't care about this!

matchy

jSmith

Quote from: enhanceprojects on 2013-Apr-15
The app is a lovely little simple game coded in GL.  I did not create it....  I purchased it from the developer as I loved his work...

Not a big job.....  But definitely outside my abilities :-)
Hi Angela. Was it very expensive to buy an active product like that? And did you choose it specifically because it was written in GLB?? Thanks! :doubt:
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.

enhanceprojects

Quote from: jSmith on 2013-Apr-16
Was it very expensive to buy an active product like that? And did you choose it specifically because it was written in GLB?? Thanks! :doubt:

Expensive....  it is all relative I guess.....  If I can't "improve" it to where I want it to be, then it will have been expensive cause I won't be able to get a ROI... But at this stage I will say no... (with my fingers crossed!)... Not expensive...considering the work that no doubt went into it!

Nearly didn't choose it cause it is written in GLB!  Was scared that BECAUSE it is written in GLB - a code that I have never had to deal with before.... I would not be able to do anything with it....  I am not a developer and rely on others to do my coding for me....  So therefore a bit of a risk on my part cause it is a lot harder to find a good coder to help - hence my post here  :)

jSmith

Quote from: enhanceprojects on 2013-Apr-16Expensive....  it is all relative I guess.....  If I can't "improve" it to where I want it to be, then it will have been expensive cause I won't be able to get a ROI... But at this stage I will say no... (with my fingers crossed!)... Not expensive...considering the work that no doubt went into it!

Nearly didn't choose it cause it is written in GLB!  Was scared that BECAUSE it is written in GLB - a code that I have never had to deal with before.... I would not be able to do anything with it....  I am not a developer and rely on others to do my coding for me....  So therefore a bit of a risk on my part cause it is a lot harder to find a good coder to help - hence my post here  :)
And now the added cost of paying someone else to sort out these problems? Anyway, since the app was functioning before your changes, and you're clearly willing to pay, it may not be too difficult to get it working again. Good Luck! :good:

PS: Make sure you include a warranty clause in your agreement.  :D
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.