Try to get some news about GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

CrystalNoir

Hi there,

There is a lot of time I didn't came here. That's because of a lot of health problem, for several years that make my life a little difficult and I didn't code anything for a long time.

I try to get some news about this great dev kit, but it seems difficult for me to find what happened these last years. Just see that the source code was realeased so, is this dev kit is abandoned ? or may be we entered in a community developement cycle ?

I'm sorry for my engish...and I'm sorry if my questions are a little repetitive for you as I tried to use the search field before post something here.

Thank you all !

MrPlow

Hi there

Welcome back!

Very much alive but others know more about the advancements in more recent versions.
All in all - better iOS & Android support now. Support for more platforms live iOS TV and Android TV (currently not my thing)

Yes, some controlled community development is occuring too. This was needed to add AndroidExtras to the core dev kit and also to get the iOS updates required to fix compiling issues on the newer iOS versions.

GLBasic is alive and kicking but not marketed very much when compared to other dev kits.

:)

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

CrystalNoir

Great, so that means that we can expect a new version in a near future ? :)

I feel better now, I was affraid that GLBasic was abandonned :)

Thank you for your answer.

mentalthink

Welcome again CrystalNoir and happy you are ok!!  :good:

Thanks to mrPlow becuase I thinked too GLBasic not is too much alive, I don't see the same "movement" like in a past time...

r0ber7

Welcome back. I still write GLBasic sometimes, and I still like the language, but most of my code these days is Javascript, PHP or Python. I have little time these days to make games, I hope it will change.

Alex_R

GLBasic is very alive!! My last game for iOS is working very well and I'm very happy with it. I have not much time to develope games  :( but I enjoy very much this little time with GLBasic. With my brother's help we are developing Facebook, Tweeter and GameCenter integration and improving inApp purchases (with full errors responses and purchases restore, etc) Soon I will share with you all this work.  :good:

spacefractal

despite its might lack updates, its still works very well, which is most important (its still have few bugs,but mostly you can worka around those).

Im ported it to Apple IOS 64bit as well Apple TV recently, after im got the full Source Code. Also im have updated SDK for Android devices various time.

Currectly its mostly me that doing the update stuff for those platforms.

ALso MFI game controllers for Apple IOS as well Android also works fine.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/