default splash screen iphone

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnus

Hi All,

Please see this thread:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3879.msg28327#msg28327

I have tried following the instructions but I don't understand whether I should be doing this in GLB (as the .app directory does not seem to appear on the mac) or in xcode (however there is no Rt click on the mac so I don't understand this either).

- GLB: I have created a 'Default.png' image and put it into the .app folder (which also contains the .exe and the media folder).
- xcode: I can open up the 'resources' rolldown which then shows icon png, iphone-info plst and the media folder, but I cant Rt click anything (on the mac) & cant find an option to 'add an existing file'.

Apologies another inane query no doubt- are there any step by step instructions that someone can point me in the direction of or could someone please describe the best way to get a splash screen on my iphone app ?
Cheers, Shawnus

kaotiklabs

Why aren´t you able to right-click?
I got a macbook, a macbook pro and a mini and all can right-click.

which mouse do you own?
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

matchy

Drag the Default.png file from Finder on to the Resources group folder in Xcode!  8)

shawnus

Matchy- ok, thanks will try that- kaotiklabs- I dont use a mouse just the trackpad on the laptop.

thanks all for the replies.

Cheers, Shawnus

kaotiklabs

So, you just need to click with two fingers.  =D

Look at preferences -> trackpad for extended commands
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

trucidare

ctrl + mouse tab = secondary click or in preferences _> mouse set for two finger tab
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

shawnus

ok, after learning how to click with 2 fingers (doh! still getting into Mac-mode!) I now have the default png in as per previous guidance but it only really flashes up for about half a second & then disappears, leaving another 4.5 seconds of black screen before the app comes up.

I checked the apple dev forum & it looks to be in the correct place (ie sitting in the .app directory). I have also noticed its in 'portrait' not 'landscape' mode orientation-wise but I dont suppose that makes a difference to the 'time on show'?

Cheers, Shawnus

shawnus

Splash screen orientation is now corrected but it still only appears for about half a second, leaving another 4.5 seconds of blank screen.

Would appreciate any advice as to the best way around this if poss please? I would guess that its to put another splash screen into GLB, or is there something I can do in xcode to keep the splash screen visible until the app 'fires up'?

Cheers, Shawnus

kaotiklabs

Apple´s splash screen always disappears when the app starts to load.
Is just a trick for user´s perception. It´s behaviour cannot be modified.

Best option is to load another splash from the glbasic but locate it at the top of the code, before all the load instructions so it can be shown as fast as posible.
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

shawnus

Ok, thanks kaotiklabs. Just out of interest , in your experience / opinion do you think apple will reject the app if I dont put a splash screen in via GLB?

Cheers, Shawnus

kaotiklabs

No, for sure.
Splash is just optional.
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

shawnus

Thanks! Right, I've run out of excuses- off to binary upload-land!

Cheers, Shawnus

Kitty Hello

On the iPad, you need 2 images:
Default-Landscape.png and Default-Portrait.png. Then, in your Info.plist you must add a row (or four) allowing the given orientations. Also, enable that the orientation is not fixed.