Raspberry Pi

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuron

I am hoping this will eventually be available for ordering here in the USA once they get the issues with the supply chain ironed out.  This has the potential to be the best thing since the HYDRA.

MrTAToad

No, its not powerful enough to run Windows 8

mentalthink

aha Ok.. thanks...

MrTAToad

If you pre-order with Farnell (http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp) you may be able to get one - when its delivered in April/May...

mentalthink

Yes at this time have 2 shops... farnell and Sl... in Spain I´m not sure if have any in stock...

It´s corious this apparell, from another Retrocumputing forum in Spain, comment the Graphic card it´s better than iPhone, I think they say , better tha S4, and you can play over 9 hour full Hd video, and seems the chip graphic , no have heat...

Minion

My daughter has recently turned 7, and for her birthday we got her one of those Vtech laptops. She came home from school today moaning and complaining saying her laptop is rubish because she cant show her friends the things on the internet on her laptop and she wants a real one. If only this device had been around 2 months ago we would have got her that and she`d be laughing now (and so would we as it probably would have been cheaper). All the games on the laptop she has I could have recreated in GLB in next to no time, plus she gets to surf the net (with adult supervision of course). Now all we need is someone to come up with reasonably priced screen and were all happy bunnies.

MrTAToad

The delivery date has been pushed back several weeks to the 14th of May... :(

Kitty Hello

It's an old story. They try to get as many pre-orders as they can get, then seek for investors.
I guess we won't see a Pi before xmas.

Ian Price

Yep, got my confirmation of estimated delivery as 14th May 2012. Hopefully that's an accurate delivery date rather than the Panodra's "two months" debacle.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Yes, hopefully there won't be any other problems...

Hark0

Hi!

I'm are a Farnell customer... I just receive an email about Rasperi Pi reservation yesterday... And I fill the form  ;)

Waiting for a next stock release  :-*

http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

mentalthink

In ZDP tell about have to wait 4 months, to the next sells of Rasperries

MrTAToad

Apparently production problems have delayed the release...  :whistle:

bigsofty

Yep, the wrong network socket was put on it at the factory... doh! :noggin:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Marmor

pfff ... not enough preorders ??