Raspberry Pi

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Mine's still in the post. Somewhere. It was dispatched a few days ago. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

End of June for mine. The via board looks good but 720p is not as good as the Pi's 1080p though.

It will be interesting what effect this device will have on the media streaming hardware market a year from now.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Hopefully it wont take too long to arrive :)

Ian Price

I was surprised when I got the dispatch note actually - the last email I got (a month or so ago) stated delivery was delayed the week beginning 28th May, so it's still going to be early, even if the post is late! :P Although they did originally state 15th May as delivery date.

I won't have much time to play use mine when it does arrive, so there's no rush. I've have downloaded the Debian files and made a start at getting things ready though.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

It must be bad when all our friends get their candy but us. :D :P

Like old Jack Burton always says in a time like this
"the check is in the mail!"

Sokurah

Quote from: erico on 2012-May-24
Like old Jack Burton always says in a time like this
"the check is in the mail!"

+1

...from when JC hadn't lost his way. ;)
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware. :-)
Twitter: Sokurah

Ian Price

Mine arrived today, with the T-shirt. The box is a lot smaller than I was expecting (I've seen boxes on eBay that appeared much larger - see HERE ). The PSU hasn't arrived yet though, so I can't even switch it on yet.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Yes, I was expecting a much larger package too - when they say it's credit card size, they aren't kidding :)

My cables should be coming very soon and then I can finally get it up and running!

erico

Now I don´t get it, is it shipped in parts?
Don´t you get a whole functional kit but the cables?

A linux build from GLB should run out of the box on this right?

Ian Price

You get the machine only - no PSU lead, tv/monitor connection cables, keyboard or mouse. You don't even get an OS.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

For some silly reason, the "full monty" if you will, is only available later...

Ian Price

QuoteFor some silly reason, the "full monty" if you will, is only available later...
Or at a premium on eBay...
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Now got the Raspberry Pi up and running.

Originally, I tried to get the display trhough my TV (with HDMI mode), but that didn't seem to work, so I had to use my computer monitor.

In addition, I had to get a new keyboard (Logik LKBWC11) as the PC keyboard created an instant Kernel Panic (Not syncing.  Fatal exception in interrupt), but it is all working now.

It is slow, but quite usable.

Uname -a gives :

Linux raspberrypi 3.1.9+ #90 Wed Apr 18 18:23:05 BST 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux

Ian Price

The PSU arrived on Saturday so I've got everything I need, except time to play with it. :(

Are you using a connected USB or BlueTooth keyboard+mouse?

What OS are you using? - I got Debian Squeeze, but there are several options.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I went USB and I don't have any bluthtooth peripherals

I went for the Debian Squeeze option