Hello GLBasic People

Previous topic - Next topic

HamishTPB

Hi all

Just ordered and received my licence very quickly (thanks Gernot  <3 ) and ready to have a good play with GLB. Brilliant product and I look forward to using it and chatting to you all here  :happy:

Hamish the PolarBear
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

MrTAToad

Ian Price

We don't have many talking and typing animals around here, so welcome Mr PolarBear :)

Pull up a chair, stick the kettle on and get coding. Let us know what you're working on and ask as many questions as you like. If they're GLB related, we might even answer them! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

Welcome to our community.  It's great to see that new people are finding GLBasic!

As Ian said, ask as many questions as you need.
That's how I got familiar with the IDE and the syntax.

Do you have a game idea in mind yet?
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

mentalthink

Hello, and Wellcome, HamishTPB...

No more words, only sit down and pick code... after five minuts you will a new man, too much happy... :-*

Anything I can help, here I am!!!  :booze: :booze: :booze:

Willkommen...

Albert

erico

Welcome TPB,

GLB is a great tool, let us know how your experiences with it goes :good:

HamishTPB

Thanks for all the welcomes.   :-*

I have lots of games ideas (I keep a notebook) but at the moment I am working on a smallish platform game based in space. You play the part of a robot who has to get medical supplies to a colony after the crew are killed and the ship is damaged.

The main reason I chose GLB was for the excellent cross platform support, the GP2X series is of particular interest to me and any games I release will be made available for GP2X and Caanoo (Wiz as well if I can get a play tester). I would like to get into iOS as well. My main interest lies with retro style games but once I have time I may well explore the 3D stuff as well.

I do have one question to ask - has anyone explored using GLB for non-gaming software? GLB's easy, rapid development would be a great way to make all sorts of apps for iOS/Android and handheld devices.
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

Ian Price

I have a GP2X F100 & F200 as well as a Wiz if you need a PlayTester.
I came. I saw. I played.

HamishTPB

Having had a bit more of a look around I can see there are already a few non-game apps out there.

GLB seems too good to be true, what a genius piece of work.  :nw:
Hamish The PolarBear

HamishTPB

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Jun-02
I have a GP2X F100 & F200 as well as a Wiz if you need a PlayTester.
Ah, excellent, thank you for the kind offer.
Hamish The PolarBear

erico

Nice TPB!

I have a similar approach to yours.

My kind of retro games are first going into caanoo/pandora, will try port it to as many open handhelds as I can get help on testing.
Desktop platforms are my immediate next step.

I will try android, but currently I can´t on the apple side of things.
Will have to see how those former comes out first. ;/

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

If you are interested in an GLBasic related books, you may be interested in one or more things from : http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MrTAToad

HamishTPB

Ian Price - I of course am happy to reciprocate if you need anything tested on the caanoo.  :)

MrTAToad - Thank you, I will take a look.
Hamish The PolarBear