It's only text!

Previous topic - Next topic

ZekeDragon

Is there a known bug with the KEYWAIT command?  I've been using it in this program, that only displays text, and it compiles properly.  The problem is if I use it more than once.

Say there's a title screen, some more text on the next screen, and then a drawn box or something after that... like...
Code (glbasic) Select
  PRINT "Some text here.", 0, 200
   SHOWSCREEN
   KEYWAIT
   PRINT "Here's some new text.", 0, 200
   SHOWSCREEN
   KEYWAIT
   DRAWLINE 10, 10, 630, 10, RGB(0,0,255)
   PRINT "Above is a blue line.", 0, 100
   SHOWSCREEN
   KEYWAIT
   END
Everything 'works', but when it is run, I can press the enter key to get past the first KEYWAIT, and go to the next screen where it says "Here's some new text.".  However, if I press enter again, the program just stands there, I have to press a different key, like the space key.  After that, on the third screen, I can't use the space key, and instead use another key (say the enter key again).  Is this a known problem, or is there something I'm excluding from my code that I should be using?

- Zeke

Kitty Hello

With version 3.024 it works. Can someone verify this problem? Version 3.xxx are still beta but you can get them here:
http://www.glbasic.com/beta/glbasic_sdk.exe

ZekeDragon

Alright, it might be my compy.  I'm still having the problem in the older version, but with 3.024, my comp just spits out this...

C:\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\gpc_temp.cpp: In function 'int WinMain(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*, char, int)':
C:\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\gpc_temp.cpp:42: error: '__DG_SCHOOLVER' undeclared (first use this function)
C:\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\gpc_temp.cpp:42: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

I'm not sure yet if 3.024 will allow me to show a new textscreen with the KEYWAIT command, but I'll let you know when I can find out.

- Zeke

Kitty Hello

Uninstall GLBasic, then remove the "compiler" folder. Next, re-install the beta. Sorry.
or: Try an internet-update I think I fixed this issue, but I can't promise. If it does not, tell me and delete as said before.

ZekeDragon

Thanks, it's good now.  Both my old problem and the compiler :)

- Zeke