Author Topic: Pegasus and the Phantom Riders  (Read 761 times)

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
Re: Pegasus and the Phantom Riders
« Reply #15 on: 2021-Aug-20 »
It should be possible. Most of my games can be turned 3d that way for visuals and keep it 2d internally for the game logic.
I guess this one would only be a bit troublesome with the approaching birds, that part would have to be done considering Z axis.

I can do the required 3d modeling and textures but adding it to the current spaghetti code (it is a speed code kind of game), would probably also be troublesome.
It is tempting though, but I suspect a more simple game would be easier, maybe that LV-426?

Made another video, mostly bug hunt and adding the stages.

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
« Reply #16 on: 2021-Aug-21 »
@SnooPI , you know what would be an ace game we could work out that 3d? Shadow in the Forest.
Here is the boardgeek link, but you germans might already know it ;)
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1070/shadows-forest

I´d think that would do a great showcase, and the underlyings would not be hard to code. It does consider shadows though, but that is in a 2d plane, so worst case we could work a 2d top down raytrace to account for that. :)

Offline SnooPI

• Dr. Type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2021-Aug-21 »
I didn't know these games thanks for the info Erico (the board game looks very original)

In fact for your system I was thinking of a 3D display like with the 3D NES emulator but in a voxel style:
One pixel = one 3D cube.
On 3 or 4 plans.

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
« Reply #18 on: 2021-Aug-21 »
It could work. But like I said. The code is spitted/bashed. There will be trouble :D

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
« Reply #19 on: 2021-Aug-24 »
In fact I´m now facing a lot of trouble for that bashing code and no pre-production, stuff is taking longer. Lots of exceptions I have to deal with and it will be slightly worse when AI time comes up.
But here another test and plenty bug fixes.

Offline SnooPI

• Dr. Type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2021-Aug-26 »
Yes, we are often lost with this kind of code, especially if they are poorly commented.
Recently I took one of my codes in this style and I didn't understand what I had coded  :D

Even if there are bugs it's really starting to take shape :good: