[SOLVED] Many failures, compiling for iPhone

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

im testing with my own apps throught. Im was just distrup with other thing today as well. Im do update it using newest glbasic source code and compile using that. You might need to wait until im release a new xcode package. Im do dont thinks its very much different this time (iOS 8 was the worst one to get sync, due 64bit requirement).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

got the game to work again. There is few 64bit issues that needs to been fixed (old issues) that you did not got implemented (Gernot). Im will send that to you later.

There is few 64bit issues that require a refix (im will send those to you Gernot). They was all old to get thing working again.

Also libstdc++ compiler is depreacted by Apple. But lucky libc++ seens works fine (a least in the game project, not tested with glbasic source code lib its self).

Im do need to update the project a little bit before im can release it. You also might need to update plist file (which is printed to the output window, which require a bit edit).

Im also hope you have all cerficate etc done as well. They are required as well.

PS. Damn anoying C-obj. Im have currently NO idea how to set a variable from a another class, which is required to try fix a freeze bug when pause/resume (its currently crash out on a swap buffer call).... this is property the last major bug needs fixed.....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

Im seen require some help on the multi tasking issue from HeadKaze (a person om know, without him, the iOS project would never been have been done) to fix that multi taskning issue when resume (no image is shown when resuming, but the app do no longer crash at all). For small apps, the app could howover just close it (which is why ALLOWESCAPE TRUE is still been valid on iOS, just not on Android).

Im do later this week release a BETA version of it, so the project etc can been setup and the app seens running as its should. Greedy Mouse does run fine, but not ready for App Store release (but fine under testing).

There was various old and few new issues that is fixed, im send those to you Gernot to been included.

bigsofty

As a guesstimate it sounds like the app is loosing it's GL context(or it's invalid). You would need to execute a little test openGL routine when unpause and write your results to disk or STDOut.

The GL commands to check the status of the rendering context are... "glGetError" & GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION or "glCheckFramebufferStatus" & GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE.

See... https://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glGetError.xml

I don't have any apple setup for development to test this myself though.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

I'm got some eagle view code from Jungool (a iOS game), so I'm can compare and checking what missing. I'm do see few thing is missing. Hope I'm can fix in this week.

Of course IPad Pro would been supported to as well update TVos as well.

Alex_R

Hi Spacefactral!

Have you tested your apps in a iPhone 7 Plus? I have one user with problems with my game and such device. It seems the touch coordinates are changed like a mirror.  :S

I have tested my game with an iPhone 6s and it works fine. Unfortunatley I haven't any iPhone Plus.  :( Anyway, the problem is very weird. How is possible that it works fine with iPhone 5, 6, 7 and iPad (old and new ones) and the touch system is changed in iPhone plus? It doesn't make any sense.

spacefractal

I'm want to see a video before I'm can do anything l. It's property a mouse scaling issue me thinks.

I'm believe the issue is same on iPhone 6+. But very hard with no such device to test with, so pretty hard to blind fix.

Im do believe those device mosue use mouse scaling 3, and not 1 or 2 as on other devices. The internal resolution on those + devices is also bigger than the screen (its downscaling a bit). Those device is a quite weird.

The issue eventuelly is lie in iphoneviewcontroller.m me thinks. you can try this:

on line 16, fScaleFactor = use_scale == 2.0f ? 2:1 should property have been just fScaleFactor = use_scale.

Also dont use SETORIENTATION at all for software device rotation. Let the system doing that its self. Currecttly use ONLY EITHER Landscape or Portrait mode works. Currectly surfaces cannot resize correctly when landscape is turned to portrait mode. (which im also will look into as well and is not a show stopper issue). The orientation was changed a lots in iOS8, so its act more like Android do. That means SETORIENTATION should not been used.

Alex_R

Many thanks Space. I'll try what you say. But I need an iPhone + to try. I hope to meet someone with it!  =D

spacefractal

Im got fixed a HIBERNATE issue, so its dont resume before you returns to the app again.

But im do still cannot get the FrameBuffer to work again, Its seen its create the framebuffer with correct resolution and not a 0.0 (which it did before), but still nothing is shown after a resume. But the app does no longer crash, and the touch controller also seens working, even with no Framebuffer is shown.

Also im do have removed various pre iOS8 stuff, which means iOS8 is now required with future updates (so no old xCode support). im do not have plans to remove iCade support yet at a all.

Kitty Hello

You can drop iCade. There's a GLBasic code thst uses key()

spacefractal

currectly no reason to do that. There was touch code events im used twice, one for ios7 and older, and one for ios8, which was required to move to the viewcontroller rather than the eagleview. That is removed, since we cant release Ios7 and older anymore, and hence no reason to keep that.

Orientation was also changed a lots in iOS8, which acted pretty much Android.

spacefractal

still issues with FrameBuffer.

But howover today im got fixed Portrait mode, so its no longer start in landscape mode, if Device Orientation is set to Portrait and Upside Down (both orientations still does not work, so either landscape or portrait). Its was pretty much a simple one line fix after took some time and then got a idea (pretty much just a SETORIENTATION 0, if the resolution was started in portrait). Howover its do might start in upside down, but its will rotate back thought as its should.

msx

Are we still unable to compile on iOS?

spacefractal

actuelly possible, yes, but im do cant get the annoying framebuffer to work after switching apps. Howover you might just let it force close down instead when pause is called.

Im got away with the issue recently and diddent have that much time. But im did update in the Android/iOS thread and its workable.

msx

Impossible, I do not know what I can do. Could someone please help me with this?

These are the errors now:

Code (glbasic) Select

Showing Recent Messages
  "__GLBASIC__::SHOWSCREEN()", referenced from:

__GLBASIC__::__MainGameSub_() in gpc_temp0.o

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_DEBUG", referenced from:

___GLB_Defaults in gpc_temp0.o

"__GLBASIC__::__glb_AppName()", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_FRAMERATE", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_SCHOOLVER", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_WANTMOUSE", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_FULLSCREEN", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_MULTISAMPLE", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::DGStr::clear()", referenced from:

__GLBASIC__::DGStr::~DGStr() in gpc_tempg.o

__GLBASIC__::DGStr::~DGStr() in gpc_temp0.o

"__GLBASIC__::DGStr::DGStr(__GLBASIC__::CGStr)", referenced from:

__GLBASIC__::__BuildSerial() in gpc_tempg.o

__GLBASIC__::__GetPrpjectVersionGLB() in gpc_tempg.o

"__GLBASIC__::DGStr::DGStr(char const*)", referenced from:

__GLBASIC__::__CompileTime() in gpc_tempg.o

__GLBASIC__::DGStr::operator=(char const*) in gpc_temp0.o

"__GLBASIC__::PRINT(__GLBASIC__::DGStr const&, float, float, int)", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_RESX", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::__DG_RESY", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::operator+(__GLBASIC__::DGStr const&, __GLBASIC__::CGStr)", referenced from:

"__GLBASIC__::operator+(__GLBASIC__::DGStr const&, __GLBASIC__::DGStr const&)", referenced from:

"___EndProgram", referenced from:

-[EAGLView drawView] in iphoneeaglview.o

"___glb_set_cmd_line", referenced from:

-[AppController application:handleOpenURL:] in iphoneappcontroller.o

-[AppController application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:] in iphoneappcontroller.o

"_glb_allow_escape", referenced from:

-[AppController applicationDidEnterBackground:] in iphoneappcontroller.o

"_glbasic_get_screen_size", referenced from:

-[EAGLView createFramebuffer] in iphoneeaglview.o

"_glbasic_notify_screen_change", referenced from:

-[EAGLView createFramebuffer] in iphoneeaglview.o

"_iPhoneMain", referenced from:

-[EAGLView drawView] in iphoneeaglview.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)