First game to be on AppStore Top 100 created with GLBasic!

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozden79

Hello There,

I want to share my joy that our little test game created with GLBasic, "FastBall", is now at #15 at US AppStore free games section and similar positions in other countries. Thanks once more to the authors of GLBasic for creating such a productive framework and language.

Regards,

Ãâ€"zden Irmak
Klik! Games 

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

fjsantosb

Hi Ozden,

Congratulations! Great work for this addictive game!

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

Wampus

codegit

Well done!  :good:  It was only a matter of time until a GLBASIC game made it to the top 100 in the apple app store.  =D I actually saw this game go to number 3 on the USA store, this is a great achievement.  8)

I have one question for Ozden, How did you market your game to get such a LARGE response?
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Ozden79

Thank you all for your nice words...

Yes, it has gone up to number 3 and excluding todays reports as didn't get it yet  :) , it has more than 300.000 players now  =D

Regards,

Ãâ€"zden

Ozden79

About the marketing, we used OpenFeint's "FreeGameOfTheDay" website to have it for free for one day, which resulted to be free for near a week now. We're still unsure whether should switch to paid model or use this (mostly happy) user base to promote our other games...