MacOSX running in Demo mode

Previous topic - Next topic

freedomdown

After struggling for a while to figure out why they weren't running at all (permissions were screwed), I finally got them running but they run in demo mode for some reason.
I'm wondering if this is a bug or if it has to do wit how it displays stuff on MacOSX, because I don't have the 3D part of GLBasic. Does GLBasic need 3D even to do 2D apps on MacOSX.
Also it looks like GLBasic is only sold as a complete package now so is there a way I can upgrade my license?

trucidare

uhm normaly macosx builds are no demos - check if you are using some inline calls or network parts. or this is a bug.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

freedomdown

I tested it with a simple app just to see but it still runs in demo mode.
here's the code i used:
Code (glbasic) Select
WHILE TRUE
PRINT "test",0,0,1
DRAWRECT 0,25,5,5,RGB(255,0,0)
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

Kitty Hello

What version are you using?

freedomdown

I was using 9.033 but I updated to 9.040 and it still runs in demo mode.

EDIT:
also i've tried both macOSX x86 and macOSX universal, both had the same results.

Kitty Hello

freedomdown

I just tried compiling with the latest beta version (i was trying out android support), and macosx still runs in demo mode.
I just got a mac so i'm not sure how to debug my app. Is there a way to see a log from all the glbasic stuff running behind the scenes?

MrTAToad

Open up Terminal and copy the glbasic file (I think its called something like that) into Terminal and then press RETURN

Kitty Hello

There was a bug, yes. The current hotfix fixes it.