Main forum > Bug Reports

Android Game Loop

(1/3) > >>

MrPlow:
Hi Sf and Gernot

Not sure how much this is down to my testing device
But two versions of a similar game Ball Breaker game - one on older compile (using 12.308) and one using v16

They should play identical - but the v16 is showing some lag and twitchy ball movement.

I am testing multiple builds - tweaking as I go - but the issue is still there - something intermittant.

spacefractal:
nothing im can do really with this kind of info at all nor can fix it or nothing im can fix at all!

to tips you can:

- avoid using off sceen buffer if you can. This can kill a lots of performance.
 - Floats can been twickle and strange as they might shown as 0.99998 rather than 1. Here nothing im can do at all!

Howover glbasic has allways has some very weird frame pacing (not frame rate) issues, property caused by LIMITFPS not working as intended.

MrPlow:
Thanks SF

Its a strange one alright - it could be a float thing - but I might try moving out the functions from within the type (using self.variables etc)
It could be that.

Generally the app works fine - just a small 1 sec slowdown every 5 or so.
It could be my device...Nexus 2 - old now only Android 6.0

I have to order myself a new test device :)

spacefractal:
im have no idea, but its a general issue with LIMITFPS, property in OpenGLRainbows::FlipScreens that does not calculate frames correctly at all some how.

Framepacing has allways been hell of a issue in glbasic since day one really. Here im do NOT talk about framerate, but more framepacing that is incorrect.

spacefractal:
also in the flip side, im have fixed two of my game, so they can uses higher framerate than 60. etc Catchout and PowerUp Elevation. Actuelly you might cannot see it, but felling and movement is much more responsivity.

This is the main reason framerate matter. Its not about the look, but more about the controls and precision. No wonder Counter Strike players chase FPS those days. That is even on a 60hz screen.

So next release for both game im set LIMITFPS 144, true and possible to disable vsync.

But im have not checked how im did Karma Miwa. But no possible on Greedy Mouse and Spot Race throught. Greedy Mouse used frameskipe measure, which is a bad idea.... howover none of the game uses fast reaction controls anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version