g++ Error Again

Previous topic - Next topic

Hb!

Sorry to bother but seems to be that the bug that sometimes appears with no reason hasnt been solved completely, the trial version still has it, and by what I can remember there isnt any way to update since that option is available only for those who have already bought the program( yop I know, i should buy it but disgratefully I dont have much money right now), anyways if you want to I can shut up. and leave...

bigsofty

Can you show some code that you tried to compile that produces the error please...?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Yes, please give the code. Best, send the complete project (gbas + gbap files).
If there is a bug, it surely will get fixed. This language is (in contrast to some other game basics) alive, thus it will be repaired.

Hb!

The weird situation here, is that it doesnt seem to be an error in the code, but in the compiler itself , anyways, ill download it again (I had uninstalled it) and if it happens again ill tell you ok? by the way, the code I tried to complie is this one, not mine, though,

LIMITFPS 10

WHILE TRUE
    KeyHitUpdate()

PRINT "SpaceBar-State:" + KeyHit(57), 100,100
    IF KeyHit(57)=2
        INC tips, 1
        PRINT "*BING*", 100, 120
    ENDIF
    IF KeyHit(57)=-1
        PRINT "*BONG*", 100, 120
    ENDIF

PRINT "Tipps"+tips, 100, 140

HIBERNATE
    SHOWSCREEN
WEND

// Update keyboard state
FUNCTION KeyHitUpdate:
GLOBAL gKeyDown[], gKeyState[]
LOCAL  k
    // First Time call/ zum ersten Mal hier
    IF BOUNDS(gKeyDown[],0)=0
        DIM gKeyDown[256]
        DIM gKeyState[256]
    ENDIF

// For each key / für jede Taste
    FOR i=0 TO 255
        k = KEY(i)
        // Key is pressed / Taste ist gedrückt
        IF k
            IF gKeyDown
                gKeyState=1
            ELSE
                gKeyDown=1
                gKeyState=2
            ENDIF
        ELSE
            // Key is not pressed / Taste nicht gedrückt

// Has key been pressed before?
            // War die Taste gedrückt?
            IF gKeyDown
                gKeyDown = 0
                gKeyState = -1
            ELSE
                gKeyState=0
            ENDIF
        ENDIF
    NEXT
ENDFUNCTION

//  0 = not pressed / nicht gedrückt
//  2 = just pressed / gerade runtergedrückt
//  1 = pressed / gedrückt (gehalten)
// -1 = release event / wieder losgelassen
FUNCTION KeyHit: nkey
    RETURN gKeyState[nkey]
ENDFUNCTION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you see? it's gernot's code not mine, so It couldnt have been the code am I right?
I just say that the update created to fix this error had already been created, but the "trial download" link hasnt been changed, that means that It must still have that error.. please forgive my bad english...

Ill report here again with the code that makes the problem appear if it happens another time..

Kitty Hello

compiles and links fine. Can you send the whole project (gbas + gbap) zipped + the error log message?

bigsofty

Worked fine for me... I don't see any recently changed commands in that listing?

What version of the demo are you using?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hb!

The Problem ISNT the code itself, but the compiler, since I just had that code and nothing more but Loadsprite commands , obviously that code works fine, Anyway ill download again Gl and see what happens ... ill post the error that the complirer displays if I observe it again ok?

Kitty Hello

OK. Someone on gp2x.de seems to have something similar, but I can't reproduce it. So sad.