Matchy LWO Blender

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

These image are by holding 2 (spotlight) or 3 (toon shader). I'm wondering if I can remove light data from the materials.

It looks fine in ac3d edit and there's some interesting tools to try.

erico

Again, I have no idea what you are talking about on the light data.

The only difference I see from that and the image before is smooth shading aspects.
Some packages seem to be able to handle more into it, but I guess that is not the matter.
If some located places have more subdivisions, it should look the same.

erico

Oh well, maybe this can help, check the 3 images.
Their difference is a call to smoothing shading angle, where GLB seems to act above 180.
Keep an eye on smooth threshold.

edit:don´t worry about the surface preview thumb, keep an eye on the top right window, that is an open gl output.

matchy

Can you export a car model with that?  :-[

erico

I can, but I have tried trillions settings before without jack success, do you really want it?
Where are hemlos and kanonet to chip in? :(

matchy

When I import the 3ds into blender ('cause lwo failed), then back to 3ds max, i am now able to break apart everything such as to turn wheels and open doors. gta clone awe yeah!!!  :o :D :D

erico

Why do you keep stating 3ds? is that a better base format as it seems?
You did check Mental´s OP I suppose.
I´m lost, I can export 3ds, but what about that shading smooth threshold?
Or anything else we are talking....just let me know what you need and I will try my best to do it.

kanonet

You can change the normal smoothing in GLBasic bit its quite some work. Load the model, read the data with X_GETFACE, change an then normals as you want and write a new object wit X_OBJ...
Would need a bit tinkering to get it working and would take up some execution time, but you could solve the last problem by using this converter on your models, before you provide them with your game.

Or of cause you could simply use shaders (they are the answer to almost everything, right?)^^

Actually I dont know if this really would solve your problem - since i did not fully understand what is your problem. :giveup: :S

(BTW I moved to an other city 2 months ago and still did not order internet for my home, so thats why you are not seeing me around that often)
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

I guess it is a set of problems, smooth shading being one of them.
I also believe that method you described would work to fix the always-lit state of objects imported, but I never used those commands, so I don´t know.

About the wheels, exporting them as another object and parenting them to the car could deal with the turnings.

I just got a bit confused on how did Matchy import a model and it worked on the 1/2/3 screen shot.
The light there seems all fine to me.

matchy

There are ddd files and an original lwo file for anyone who is able to light up the object with a spotlight num 0. celshader -2 actually gives a nice proper spotlight which is what I am using now. I've discovered that many of the lwo files fail on blender import. So I have focused on the Porsche with detaching the wheels spinning and the car rocking back and forth (for accel) and left and right (for turn + speed). The main problem is when any spotlight is used, the normals kick in. So yeah, I might try out going through all the faces and produce flat normals.

Here's an example where the indicators should be amber not blue for celshader:

erico

How did you get the ambient light going?
It makes no difference in my tests.

matchy

You'll need to demonstrate in code!

erico

oh no... :-[
never mind my high level of stupidity, while putting up a test, I just realized that the lights must be called BEFORE drawing the objects... So it works fine, I will add the code here in a minute, just have to go clear the ´bug report´I posted a while ago... :(

Code (glbasic) Select
// --------------------------------- //
// Project: 3dshade
// Start: Friday, November 27, 2015
// IDE Version: 14.001

// --- BOOT
SETCURRENTDIR("Media")
X_LOADOBJ "DONUT.ddd",0 ; LOADSPRITE "TEXTURE.png",0
GLOBAL r
// --------------------------------------------------------------- LOOP START
WHILE TRUE

// --- set 3d and camera
X_MAKE3D 1,200,60
X_CAMERA 0,0,-3,0,0,0

// --- light
X_AMBIENT_LT 0, RGB(0,0,255)
X_SPOT_LT 1,RGB(255,0,0), 5,5,5,0,0,0,360

// --- draw
X_ROTATION r,0,1,0 ; r=r+1
//X_SETTEXTURE 0,-1
X_DRAWOBJ 0,0

X_MAKE2D
PRINT "ROTATION : "+r,0,0
SHOWSCREEN
WEND
// --------------------------------------------------------------- LOOP END

attached is the testing donut object.

erico

Here a picture of what it looks like, now properly shaded.
The polygons are flat, How did you get them smooth?

matchy

X_AUTONORMALS 2 perhaps?