no font no background no sprite no joy on the android

Previous topic - Next topic

ckrum

I can even see the graphics in the debug apk file .. they are there .. the font .. the background and the sprite..
The graphics show up when I run the program on the PC.
I fail to get the font, background or sprite to show on the android.

kanonet

Did you put all files into the "Media" directory? SETCURRENTDIR? Which GLB version do you use?
Maybe try to create a simple project that only loads and displays one sprite, no game logic etc. just five code lines etc. You could post this here and if you get it working can extend this to your game.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

ckrum

I wrote a program just for testing it.

// --------------------------------- //
// Project: showme
// Start: Saturday, October 05, 2013
// IDE Version: 10.283
// SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // go to media files
LOADBMP "myeye.png"
LOADFONT "font2.png",0
LOADFONT "smallfont.png",1
SETFONT 0
PRINT "HELLO THERE",100,100
SETFONT 1
PRINT "HELLO THERE",200,200
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT

everythings in the .app directory.. I am copying it and testing it again.. I think I tried that with the other two apps.. moving it to the Media .. I think I put a copy everywhere.. I will test again.

ckrum

ok now its in both directorys .. the .app and the media and I think a couple more places.. I even tried to add the files in the dialog on the right in the editor.. to OTHER.. I can send the file.. I think I will send you the APK

kanonet

Put all your files into "Media" (I think thats the only folder that gets copied to your app, of cause including the sub folders) and uncomment the line SETCURRENTDIR("Media") - you need to tell the app where to find the files.
Should work, at least it works for me.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

ckrum

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. 
That line was added automatically .. I did not type it.. and I never really read it until you pointed it out.
I appreciate the help.
IT WORKED !!
You do not know how many times I tried.. different things .. THANK YOU!