Android Market - limit to resolutions

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

my app must have at least a 1024x768 screen. What must I write in my manifest.xml file for this?

Minion

Can`t remeber off hand. You may want to give the developer of GLB a bell and see if he knows. Hes a god amongst men and knows everything there is to know. If he doesn`t know, then there is little hope for us little people !

Kitty Hello

When it comes to Android he's a moron, I heard.  ;)

Minion

This is the line I change .....

Code (glbasic) Select

<supports-screens android:resizeable="true"
  android:smallScreens="true"
  android:normalScreens="true"
  android:largeScreens="true"
  android:anyDensity="true" />

Marmor

Wampus

I think you will have to set large screens and xlarge screens to true but others as false in the <supports-screens> attribute. Also, will need to manually check when your app starts that the resolution is supported. I don't think there is any way to avoid this manual check since there is no way to filter out devices that have lower resolutions than 1024x768 from the Android market From Android dev docs:-

Quotexlarge screens are at least 960dp x 720dp
large screens are at least 640dp x 480dp
normal screens are at least 470dp x 320dp
small screens are at least 426dp x 320dp
Note: These minimum screen sizes were not as well defined prior to Android 3.0, so you may encounter some devices that are mis-classified between normal and large. These are also based on the physical resolution of the screen, so may vary across devices—for example a 1024x720 tablet with a system bar actually has a bit less space available to the application due to it being used by the system bar.

The Android 3.2 platform (API 13) should in theory be able to work with setting android:requiresSmallestWidthDp to whatever is appropriate. However, that isn't yet supported by Android Market so its useless for now.