Hello, I'm new

Previous topic - Next topic

saboteur2

Hello.

My name is Rafa. I'm new here with GLBasic. I have many videogames writen in C++, but I am a little tired of the language, and want to back to my old zx spectrum days and try GLBasic. Hope to see you often.

Ian Price

Welcome :)

You should find that creating and prototyping games with GLBasic is much quicker than with C++, however there's not a great deal in common with ZX Spectrum BASIC of yore.

So, with a name like "Saboteur" are we likely to be seeing a remake of that classic from yourself?
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Welcome, your background in c++ will also be a great asset into developing GLB stuff, you can always in line it if you need to get that rabbit out of the hat. :good:

bigsofty

Welcome Rafa!   ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Alex_R

Welcome to GLBasic!! Enjoy this great software!  ;) You'll love it!! <3  <3

UBERmonkeybot

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mentalthink

Welcome Rafa you will enjoy a lot of glbasic, a part you comment know C++, you can get a lot of power mixing the 2 languajes... Bienvenido.!!!

saboteur2

Thank you all. I am making some little mini games for GP2X with GLBasic, I'll post it when running. ;)

MrPlow

Welcome Rafa,

I also come from the ZX Spectrum background and GLB is great Pick-up-and-Code language - just like Speccy basic :)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs