Requesting people to work on my game

Previous topic - Next topic

baicskillet

So like, I have several design docs for simple games I would like to see on the pc, as well as the handheld devices, and I've followed the GLB tutorials, but, I'm not a programmer, I'm more of a game designer, so I wanted to know if anyone from this fine community would like to work on one of my designs for me, with proper compensation that is.  Or maybe review my work and let me know the amount of work it would be required, and such.

:)

matchy

Maybe there should be a Job thread on the forum?  :x

Technically it would be more interesting and easier to discuss the game designs in the form of concepts, genre, art style, levels & mapping, 2d/3d, textures, visual effects & animation, physics, sound, music, network multiplayer, high-scores & achievements, adverts, updates. It would give you a better idea of what is involved. :P

Ian Price

It would also be worth pointing out, other than game design, what you would contribute to the project. Would you do the graphics/sfx/level design AND mapping. Each of those things alone can take many weeks or months of work - asking for the community to do all these things for you (rather than with you) is expecting an awful lot.

I've worked on several small games/apps for people (recently Drench and my Dicey app were created for others), so I'm not against the idea, but I would need a lot more information on the game and whether this would be a freeware venture or commercial, and on which formats. Contributions/compensation would vary depending on the answers to all of the above. You'd also have to show a level of commitment, and need to ensure the same from anyone assisting you on your project.

Post more details and you might find more interest.
I came. I saw. I played.

Hemlos

Is this game for the appstore?
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

ketil

Is this paid work ?
And which terms are we talking about ?
"Sugar makes the world go 'round. Caffeine makes it spin faster."