Requests

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Hi Gernot,

Some requests, not important but food for thought...

I would like to see an LOD Landscape object, hightfield based with collision and multiple texture support.

Access to the GLBasic rendering pipeline via a plug-in custom command API. Create your own commands, via a DLL or have the ability witihin GLBasic to compile command libs?

No small requests, I know.

Any comments?

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

How about just the landscape part? :p hehe

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Which part? LOD / Heightmap / Multitexturing?

bigsofty

Heightmap would be a fine start for me. ;)

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

OK. You can do that in GLBasic directly. You need LOADSPRITE, GETSPRITESIZE, GETPIXEL and a close look on the islands demo. I'll provide one if it's too hard for you, but I'm really short on time these days.

bigsofty

No problem Gernot.

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

Where is the "islands demo"?

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

Quote from: bigsoftyWhere is the "islands demo"?

Ian
Anyone?

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

isnt it part of the SDK? Projects/Samples/3D/Islands ?

bigsofty

Nope not in my directory?

Ian

I have 11 3D sample folders.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

http://www.glbasic.com/files/islands.zip
You seem to miss some samples. I have 20, but not all are for public view.
I'll put all my stuff online, maybe...