DRAWANIM - create data in program?

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

Is it possible to create the data for the drawanim command in the program? Like grabsprite but for drawanim.

Kitty Hello

oh. Not thought about that, yet. No.
Usually GRABSPRITE is not really a good idea. Try avoinding it where ever possible. OpenGL/3D hardware just isn't designed for grabbing.

Moru

What I want with it is to extract the grafic data from the map data in Mappys FMP format, any ideas of another solution? Extract it, save to a picture file and load that one? :-)

Kitty Hello

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kitty Hello

Why would you need grabsprite for a mappy map? I just don't get it.

Moru

The mappy format includes all you need for the map, also the grafics. I need to plot the sprites on a screen and then grab from there unless you have a better sugestion to do this?

Kitty Hello

copy the files you selected in your program, maybe? I'm sorry if I'm stupid, I've not used mappy at all.

Moru

That is the part I would like to avoid but I'm doing it now. Since the format already includes the grafics I would like my functions to be more or less complete by using them. On the other hand every map contains the grafics so if you have 10 maps using the same grafics you have 10 copies of the same grafics. Ofcourse you can get mappy to save it without the grafics but then it's not mappy compatible and can't be edited again.