MP3's playback on Pocket PC and GP2X

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyH

As you may now, I'm testing my GP2X entry on my Pocket PC as that's the nearest thing I have to a real GP2X.

I have an MP3 I want to play (if my PPC is fast enough to do this) in game and also one for the title page.  On Windows it plays OK.  On the PocketPC, nothing plays.  The game runs as normal.  I noticed this in Ian's game too.

I can play the MP3 via Media Player on the Pocket PC.  Can you fix this issue so GLB can play MP3's on the PPC?  Does this issue arise on the GP2X too?

Kitty Hello

PocketPC has no Playmusic, yet. Oh dear.

AndyH

Ah ... that might explain it then ;)  Is it something that is meant to be there, or a future feature?

Would it be possible to put up a matrix of what main features are working solid, partially working/buggy and not implemented for each platform.  Might help reduce the number of questions about why xyz does not work etc...

BTW, hope you're feeling better now !

AndyH

Does PLAYMUSIC work on the GP2X?  Is the PocketPC the only platform that hasn't got that yet?  Any ideas when the PPC will get this command?  I've no great rush, but makes any PPC games seem eerily quiet and will need addressing at some point.

Ian Price

PlayMusic works just fine on a GP2X :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Trucidare and me are looking for a solution to the PocketPC silence problem. It's not so easy, though. This problem is WinCE, only.

AndyH

I wonder if there is a command line to call the Windows Media player that you usually find on Pocket PC's?

Fmod also looks interesting - and runs on PPC's -> http://www.pocketpcdn.com/libraries/fmod.html

Kitty Hello

Yes, I've tried Mplayer, too. But volume control is impossible :(
FMod seems to be a way. SDL_mixer might be another option.