V11 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Small problem with "Jumps" window, when un-hiding functions that begin with "@" I am getting a double entry for them, the 2nd entry is blank.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

I can reproduce the jump-list issue. ... for very large projects.
Can you find a small example?

It might be related to types.

MrTAToad

I have had it with 3 functions, but it can't be replicated...

In addition, I have noticed that function names wont turn blue if wedged between  @ items

I see it happening in V10.283 :

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigsofty

OK I think I have found the bug cause, I can turn the extra blank "Jumps" entry on or off by removing the '#' from the function name.

So...

Code (glbasic) Select
FUNCTION sInterpolate#: // Makes IDE bug appear
FUNCTION sInterpolate: // Makes IDE bug go away

I really only use the #(as its a default return type) as a reminder in the Jumps list to what type the function returns, so it's not essential, just a bit neater for the way I think when looking at the list. But I have noticed that returning an integer (FUNCTION sInterpolate%) has the same effect.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Hmm - I dont use # in variable names, but do use lots of integer functions...

hardyx

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Aug-22
Hmm - I dont use # in variable names, but do use lots of integer functions...
I suffer this bug too. I think this comes from version 10.209, and occurs when you use integer (%) functions, and you show the hidden functions.

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=7529.0

Kitty Hello

Fixed. I also fixed the iPad 3 problem. You can make Retina _OR_ legacy apps now by picking the right resolution in your project settings. The 9999x9998 trick still works to get you retina.

I'm about to upload a final beta within the next two weeks.

I'm so sorry about all the delays, but we had a great impact on our family that takes a very lot of time to recover from, still. I'm fine. Sort of. Don't worry.

Kitty Hello

...yes, I had to buy an iPad3 for this. No, it was not a bargain!

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Aug-25
I'm so sorry about all the delays, but we had a great impact on our family that takes a very lot of time to recover from, still. I'm fine. Sort of. Don't worry.

No problem Gernot, that sounds quite serious, take your time, as far as I know there are no "show stopper" bugs here anyways.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

TI-994A

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Aug-25I'm so sorry about all the delays, but we had a great impact on our family that takes a very lot of time to recover from, still. I'm fine. Sort of. Don't worry.

Hi Gernot. Our hearts and minds are with you; take care.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

mentalthink

Hi Gernnot don´t care when it´s finished it´s finished... the first it´s the first...

bigsofty

On the new 11.163 beta,

I used ".end#" as a sneaky way of using "end" for a type variable field name, now this is turned in ".END#" by the editor, ah well it was fun while it lasted!  :S

Hasn't ASR now been turned into LSR?

Looks fine otherwise, still checking it out...
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Do you have a link to said beta ?  I've just got 11.001

Minion

MrTAToad

Great!  Thanks!