What happened to the "Future of GLBasic" thread?

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

It's was a bad choice, yes, but still respect it (if it's was not a admin).

It's great which those kind of public discussion as long it's diddent got overboard, but the thread did not got over, so I'm also wonder too.

But let move on.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

jSmith

Quote from: kanonet on 2014-Aug-06We don't know. There is a discussion in admin board what happend, no one knows - no one even knows a reason why someone should have deleted it. We're not even sure if the thread starter would have the power to do this or only admins/moderators.
I don't think that the thread-starter could remove the entire thread - only moderators and administrators can. And according to the Simple Machines Wiki, there's a moderation log that will show who deleted it.

Simple Machines Wiki - Moderation Center

Any admins or mods care to take a peek at it and reveal the perpetrator?   :giveup:

But hurry! Even the logs can be deleted!   :help:
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.

Ian Price

It would seem that the culprit has been identified, but reasons as to why aren't clear.

Logs were not conclusive though. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

How can I get Back to the Future of GLBasic?  My Delorean is in the shop, recharging the flux capacitor.
Dang, I missed that thread entirely, now its gone.  I'm so curious what was being discussed!

Very urgent, I'm in a large mansion, and I have no 'Clue' where the bathroom is! I'd kill for one right now! (Ha, I've never noticed that before!)

[Edit] Crisis averted!  It was Slydog in the Kitchen with the Sink!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

MrTAToad

Used to play the C64 game of it (after waiting years for it to load :) )

Normally I would suggest the Wayback Machine, but I suspect that it would have required more than a day before it would have got around to archiving this site.

I presume the posts were actually removed rather than being moving to an inaccessible section of the forums ?

QuoteIt was Slydog in the Kitchen with the Sink!
Bit of blunt instrument!

Ian Price

QuoteI presume the posts were actually removed rather than being moving to an inaccessible section of the forums ?

I haven't had time to even look into that, but I presume that others have.
I came. I saw. I played.

jSmith

Quote from: Ian Price on 2014-Aug-08It would seem that the culprit has been identified...

So, whodunnit?  :|
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.

Schranz0r

Found the deleter...
I remove his moderator!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Hemlos

Butler in the Kitchen
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O