Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

I've been quite keen to try it out but when I finally I run it, the mouse doesn't move on the title screen (running on Win8DP). :'(

Request full-screen version?

erico

there is a full screen check box on the option menu...
...but you have to mouse your way over there hehe :P

matchy

oh ok. also just to note, the title screen shows with black background, main title, menu items and a blank scroll. The cursor takes the first mouse position then does move at all but the star continues the blink.

Wampus

Matchy, are you running a multiple monitor set up? I had the same problem but the game worked fine when I was only using one monitor.

erico

Strange I see no scroll. Switching from 640x480 to full screen dosen´t work, makes a ´windows´ sound. Flipping to 800x600 and to full screen gets there, and then I can switch back to 640x480.

I run 2 monitors too. There are strange ´garbage´ around the letters too, like dots and line, I hope that is not suppose to be the art style since I failed to catch it :-[

Mouse works here ok, no problem.
Will get a better review on how it all works out on this end somewhere this coming week.

matchy

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Mar-04
Matchy, are you running a multiple monitor set up? I had the same problem but the game worked fine when I was only using one monitor.
Well yes I am and I just tested it when changing the display options for one monitor but no change. For now, I guess, I could try to unplug one and reboot later, but it I'm sure it would be a general concern.

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2012-Mar-04
Strange I see no scroll. Switching from 640x480 to full screen dosen´t work, makes a ´windows´ sound. Flipping to 800x600 and to full screen gets there, and then I can switch back to 640x480.

I run 2 monitors too. There are strange ´garbage´ around the letters too, like dots and line, I hope that is not suppose to be the art style since I failed to catch it :-[

Mouse works here ok, no problem.
Will get a better review on how it all works out on this end somewhere this coming week.

Hmm... The garbage shouldn't be there (anymore). I think I know what it looks like since I spent a day trying to get rid of it. It's caused by the way the font file is formatted I suspect. Could you please post a screenshot?

640x400 fullscreen won't work on Windows 7. It has a limit of at least 800x600 I think.

The mouse issues surprise me. Will look into the code and try a different approach / catch the problem. I have no idea why two monitors would cause trouble. Actually, my musician runs two monitors and had no problems at all with mouse input.  O_O

Oh, and the scroll is at the bottom of the screen, was thinking of doing a scrolling text intro thing there sometime, but not sure.

kanonet

649x480 at fullscreen is no problem for my Win7.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Mar-04
Hmm... The garbage shouldn't be there (anymore). I think I know what it looks like since I spent a day trying to get rid of it. It's caused by the way the font file is formatted I suspect. Could you please post a screenshot?

it´s posted.
I got the idea of the scroll now hehe.

Quote from: kanonet on 2012-Mar-04
649x480 at fullscreen is no problem for my Win7.

Here, it will only work 640x480 full screen if I first set to 800x600, then full screen, then 640x480.
Otherwise, there goes a strange ´windows´sound, one that sounds like something went wrong.
But it dosen´t crash or mess the videos....I run 2 monitors on a win7 pro N 64b(SP1).
I run a GeForce GTX460 - driver vs. 280.26.
DirectX runtime 11.0

Edit: the garbage shows the same for same characters, like ´O´ has 3 dots under it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wampus

Oh, I have a guess about what that is. OpenGL will copy a little of the image data from around the edges of a sprite when scaling. You may need to give the individual letters in your font an extra 1 pixel empty border.

r0ber7

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Mar-05
Oh, I have a guess about what that is. OpenGL will copy a little of the image data from around the edges of a sprite when scaling. You may need to give the individual letters in your font an extra 1 pixel empty border.

Hmm, noted.

Meanwhile, I'm drawing a bridge.

erico

great! :good:
love the art style.

Saw a video of the original game a few days ago.
This one seem generally a lot darker.

mentalthink

Hi a try the game, and it´s fantastic, like in 8 bits... what happends more forward in the screen... the graphics are "simple", but it´s very very fun this game... I hope you launch in mobile platforms than only PC... this it´s a great game...

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Mar-08
Hi a try the game, and it´s fantastic, like in 8 bits... what happends more forward in the screen... the graphics are "simple", but it´s very very fun this game... I hope you launch in mobile platforms than only PC... this it´s a great game...

Thank you very much. :) The idea is to eventually launch on Android and iOS too, although development is now primarily focused on Linux and Windows, mainly cause it's easier and I don't have a smartphone yet.

Did some sketches.

Preliminary map overview. Each island will be a level. I do not think it will be a big world, mainly because I want to see this finished and I'm just doing this in my spare time. Also because I want to add new elements and graphics to every single island, so doing about eight or nine will take up plenty of time. On top of that, there is multiplayer to consider at some point.

As it stands now, the story will somehow take you to the king in his castle, then to elves on their forest island, then to dwarves, then to the big scary ending in the underworld. As you can see I'm not going for originality, just for what I think would be fun.

King's castle.

King v0.1

mentalthink

No have a Blog, about the Game, I think a lot of people, like it!!!, use an Bloggler or another Blog creator... I think can be a very popular game, and help to give popularity to the Game...

Nice Sketches... and well for PC can be a very nice game... and well Linux don´t have too much games... how I told you, remenber me when I was a Kid, for thinking... ?¿what´s happen in the next part?¿, simple graphics, but make the imagination fly... when I show the Viking boat... sincerelly, I go 30 years come back, like whit my Amstrad CPC...  :nw: :nw: :nw: