Classic Arcade Style Vector Shooter

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

dreamerman

Generally I don't like asteroids kind of games :D but it's ok, that green filter and graphic style gives feeling that user is playing on old TV. I played it only a few minutes and didn't found any bugs that would be visible in short session.
As You have already experience and framework with such kind of games consider something more complicated: many years ago I saw some unfinished/early stage project made with Allegro game library and pixel-art graphic - combination of Space Invaders and Tower Defense genre, something that was used already by many other games. You build different towers on ground to protect Your base from invading aliens, that are moving like in SI games, there are boss fights, you get $$, can upgrade towers and so on. Something like this would be perfect for mobiles :)
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Cool thanks for testing :) - Must try and find that game demo you mention and see what it was like.
Comp:

dreamerman

Yesterday I didn't found it, so I needed to dig a bit deeper in my archive, but with a success :-)
Game was called: Cosmic Invaders, this is original topic on Allegro forum
this looks like most legitimate download, and it works: download
Something like this in portrait orientation with for example 2 rows of turrets would be great.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Comp:

SnooPI

bigsofty

How'd i miss this? Looks great, the world needs more vector graphics games!  :good:

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)