Android / iPhone commands

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi,
this may exist already somewhere in this vast forum but can someone provide a list of what is not allowed (commandwise) for Android and iPhone?

that way debugging would be easier and errors avoided...

e.g. Alpha-ing in android - yes or no?
if no then what is alternative...

Also for android all says it installed etc...but where would i see the app on the phone? Do i need to reboot the smartphone? or copy over manually...

Sorry, i have been away working/life commits and have come back with determination to crack my first smartphone app out sharpish!

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

okee

All the commands should work across all platforms, any nuances
for a platform should be listed in the help file under GLBasic Intern
Although i'd check the forum for updates on this especially for iOS

your app should appear on the phone when you compile for android
check the output, scroll up to make sure there were no errors.

Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

I cover this subject in my book http://www.lulu.com/shop/nicholas-kingsley/glbasic-programmers-reference-guide-second-edition/ebook/product-18894010.html, but the general list is :

QuoteFILEREQUEST$ is replaced by INPUT$
32-bit  floating-point numbers are used
Display could be 16-bit
There is no keyboard, so KEY() returns 0
Multi-touch is supported.  Each press on the screen is defined as a mouse device
If the HOME button is pressed, the operating system will exit your program
The following commands are unsupported : BLENDSCREEN and USEASBMP
No spaces should be in the project name - if there are, XCode wont compile the project.
The acceleration sensor of the iPhone can be polled with GETJOYX(0), GETJOYY(0) and GETJOYZ(0) accordingly. The return values are the accelerations for each axis in "G" (9.81 m/s^2).
Version 8 supports OS 4 multi-tasking

For Android installation, you should see it in the main list of programs - there is no need to reset your device.

spacefractal

DRAWRECT and other draw commands might been vary in some android and should not been used. Should use a defined texture instead and draw that.

Alpha works on both android and iOS. Howover beware you might seen multiply alpha issue if implemented wrong.

MP3 not works on android, use OGG instead.

Those above issues cannot been not fixed at all.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Great stuff...thanks guys.

I have managed to transfer a test app (10 lines of simple commands) once to my android phone (a cheap Galaxy phone)
but have no idea why it did it once but not again...I removed it from the phone so i could transfer a newer version...

It only installed after i installed andexplorer.apk for some strange reason.

The build errors went after I selected KIES mode (it asked twice for some reason...)
the transfer happened fine...then I kept getting parse error on the phone when trying to open the .apk

Android debugging is a mine-field and driving me bonkers as all errors are gone but the phone is showing no sign of a new file.

Anyone else with this issue?
I realise i may be off-topic but need some good news ...

G

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs