Quick request

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Something not quite right here, the default is English if it can't find your language via your browser that is but it's obviously having problems.  :blink:

OK, thanks for your help guys, I'll pass the results on.

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

What can I do? See the page source, its pretty simple stuff... :(

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

dreamerman

I'm from Poland, and I get German/Deutsch. Checked in Opera and Chrome, before and after deleting paypal/glbasic site cookies.
What more interesting, once, after login to paypal account and logout I have got that checkout page in Polisch, but next time again it was in German :D and still it is..

There is 'lc' parameter for setting user language:
Quote from: PayPalThe locale of the login or sign-up page, which may have the specific country's language available, depending on localization. If unspecified, PayPal determines the locale by using a cookie in the subscriber's browser. If there is no PayPal cookie, the default locale is US.
but it isn't set on glBasic site so everyone should get his default language or at least US English.
Strange problem..

Maybe you should force some lc with info gathered from php user-agent or something like this..
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

spacefractal

German, used safari (iPhone), Denmark.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

German, I'm from Spain.

Lost

I got the German page and I'm from Australia.

Bursar

I'm also getting German when trying to buy GLB via PayPal. I'm the UK and have tried both IE and FireFox.

Doesn't matter - installed Chrome and used that to translate the page into English :)

Marmor

hmm why so complicated ? use en as language as all others do ...

erico

German is a good step language towards binary :P :D

MrTAToad

Gernot hasn't been able to find out why it's been happening - I did some tests with him ages ago, but we weren't able to find out the cause.  I think its buried deep in some setup somewhere...

You can change the language text by selecting Großbritannien in Land/Country selection.

Jonás Perusquía

German, i live in Mexico
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

Kitty Hello

Fixed now?
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="en" />

Does it work?

Bursar

No difference I'm afraid - just tried it with IE and FF, and hit shift-refresh to ensure I didn't have a cached copy of the page.

erico

"Sie haben bereits ein PayPal-Konto" on my end too hehe.

I would not worry for that issue too much though... ;)