"Xcode cannot run using the selected device"

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil

I have older xcode projects that work fine but now when I try to compile I get this error (Xcode cannot run using the selected device). I've fiddled around with everything I can think of but nothing helps.

First I compile it to iphone from glbasic.
I create a iPhone_Prefix.pch file.
I also create a bunch of png files (that xcode complains that it can't find)
And then I'm stuck with that error.
I also get 96 warnings about CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL being deprecated (Although I read somewhere on this forum that I could ignore this)
And lastly I get 2 warnings about "The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target's Info.plist 'iPhone-info.plist'.

Anybody else gets this problem? It's driving me insane  :'(

spacefractal

If you have updated iOS version on your device, thus require a newer Xcode before you can compile to the device again. A older Xcode does not support newer iOS version.

I'm guess you have two plists in your build? I'm mean have seen that, but long time ago.

Also some times it's help to delete and start over again, wich happens here sometimes. Not sure why.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

Check in XCode the project's Build settings > Base SDK says "Latest iOS". Assure the iOS version in your iDevice is supported by your XCode version too.

Emil

I restarted the imac and it recognizes the double plists for me now (and fixes it). But I still get the same annoying error.

I also checked build settings -> base SDK and it's set to latest iOS

Have also tried to make the project from scratch several times...  :sick:

Both my Xcode and device are updated to latest. And as I said before.., An older project compiles and runs just fine on my iphone using Xcode.

I'm having both projects opened now and compare anything I can find.., But I'm fumbling in the dark since nothing seems to work or make a difference

This is the code I'm trying to compile btw:
Code (glbasic) Select
SETSCREEN 960, 640, FALSE
GLOBAL G_gameloop = TRUE
GLOBAL G_blocksize = 64

WHILE G_gameloop
FOR x = 0 TO 15
FOR y = 0 TO 10
DRAWRECT x*64, y*64, G_blocksize, G_blocksize, RGB(200-(x*12),x*10+RND(50),y*17)
NEXT
NEXT
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

Emil

SOLVED:
I'm stupid, was such a long time ago that I did stuff that I forgot that I had installed v11 something of glbasic.., reinstalled the correct version of glbasic and got it working!  :P