Non-Windows console codeing

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

When selecting a "Console program" on the project options dialogue, does this create a console type of program on all platforms? Say if I choose Android, does this mean that the GL context is not initialised and it's down to basic commands i.e. STDOUT etc?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Good question.  Unfortunately I dont know, although the chances are good that it does...

Schranz0r

Quote from: bigsofty on 2012-Sep-03
When selecting a "Console program" on the project options dialogue, does this create a console type of program on all platforms? Say if I choose Android, does this mean that the GL context is not initialised and it's down to basic commands i.e. STDOUT etc?

Yes, thats right!
No graphics, its a "strip down" version :D
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

OK thanks. This could be handy for me messing around with some 3rd party 3D engines + GLBasic(If I can open my own context that is!  :S).
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)