Apple store rejection advice

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

Still worth a punt. Is it totally free to develop for though (apart from buying the Palm Pre)? Come to think of it is Android free to put something on the marketplace?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

MrTAToad

Palm Pre is free to develop and publish.  Android is free to develop, but costs £18 or so to publish.

If you want to publish anything for the Pre, let me know and I could do it for you.

Crivens

Cool. Sounds great. £18 per item or £18 a year?

Hmm. Pre sounds tempting. I've seen a Pre 2 for only a little more. Is it worth it? Plus does GLB work on it as well?

Cheers

MrTAToad

Its a one-off payment for any number of applications...  I dont think its yearly...

Pre 2 is pretty good and GLBasic works well on it!

Crivens

Hmm. Sounds pretty cool. Right will look into it more!

Cheers

Ian Price

Actually, I've just submitted a Palm Pre app that literally just got rejected DUE to it being developed in GLBasic.

Your App Has Been Rejected

We received the following submission on 2011-07-06 19:11:24:

Ken2X - MathDoku
com.iprice.ken2x

One or more serious issues were found and your app was rejected. These issues were identified using an automated app scanner that is a new part of the app review process. If you feel any of these issues were found in error, please contact us at pdc@palm.com.

Please review the list below, update your application and/or its metadata and submit the revision when you are ready.

The App Review Team

App Type Mismatch

Your application may have configuration errors that must be corrected. The application type specified in your appinfo.json file does not match with the application content in the package.

The following issues were found:

appinfo.json: App is a PDK app

Non-public Library Linkage

Your application uses non-public libraries or restricted symbols. You can review the library policy at http://developer.palm.com/help/index.php?topic=1817.

glbasic-webos-exe: app links to libdl.so.2

Non-public API Usage

Your application may be using non-public APIs. Please remember that your application should only be using API's that are documented on the HP webOS Developer Center. You can review our application criteria here: http://developer.palm.com/help/index.php?topic=1817.

glbasic-webos-exe: app calls dlopen
    glbasic-webos-exe: app calls dlsym

Gernot!
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I think someone needs to check that iPhone submission doesn't run into the same problem

Kitty Hello

<quote oddbob, shouting lound>

glbasic-webos-exe: app links to libdl.so.2

Non-public API Usage

Your application may be using non-public APIs. Please remember that your application should only be using API's that are documented on the HP webOS Developer Center. You can review our application criteria here: http://developer.palm.com/help/index.php?topic=1817.

glbasic-webos-exe: app calls dlopen
    glbasic-webos-exe: app calls dlsym

OK, that's because of the option to call "DECLARE" in GLBasic. I'll remove that for PalmPre now. None's gonna use it anyway.

Ian Price

Hopefully it'll go through as it is for now (it's still listed as rejected, so time will tell), but removing an unnecessary feature that causes problems is probably for the best anyway :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Whoop! Just upgraded cheap china tablet to 2.3 and it runs the original test apk as everyone said it does (red square rather than White which wife's wildfire does). Runs *loads* better too. Is like a different device. Wonderful stuff :) Although upgrade was over the top complicated and at one point it looked bricked because of using the wrong firmware... Stress...

Plus I ordered a palm pre 2. Out of interest do they just work or do you need a sim card?

Happy days :)

Cheers

Kitty Hello

oh nice. I'll try to get 2.3 for the China then, too.
The pre2 needs a sim to active. You can toggle to flight mode and remove the card for good then. You will love it if you don't have an iPhone 4, though.

MrTAToad

Is your Android machine fast ?  Any chance of linking to it ? :)

Crivens

Cool. Will get a free supermarket sim then. Yeah specs are pretty top draw. I have a iPod touch 4 anyway so am 99% of a iPhone 4 anyway. Should blow my 3GS away though.

It's a Haipad M701. £99 at amazon. The manufactures said could not be upgraded and the Chinese 2.3 roms on their official site failed, but I found better ones on another site and eventually worked it out with the correct firmware. Pretty easy in the end. It's only a cheap one but it was ok on 2.1 but now is loads better. Has accelerated 3d and 720mhz. Also HDMI etc. Here is the link:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0046ANFG6/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1310105982&sr=8-1

It runs the initial test apk fine. If anyone has a better one to test it out I will give it a go. And if you do buy it I will post the link to the firmware I used plus the slightly different method needed to get it to boot and be detected by the upgrade program (press both rocker buttons in when turn on).
Cheers

Crivens

Dunno if it makes a difference to you, but now it plays Angry birds (didn't before). Must stop playing the damn thing...

Cheers