Microsoft officially allowing homebrew on Windows Phone7

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Leginus

Isn't WP7 .net framework?
If this is the case would GLB not have to become interpreted on this device and not compiled  :puke:

Kitty Hello

It's still C#. MS is holding tight to this concecpt and I'm pretty sure WP7 will totally fail withing the next 2 years if they won't open a C++ interface.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

XanthorXIII

Actually with Nokia doing handsets for Microsoft, I wouldn't rule out that they will fail. The handset is quite capable at doing things. One of my friends has one and it appears to do pretty good.
Also, Microsoft is talking about doing Javascript+HTML5 for Windows 8 for the new tablets. It could also be used for their phones.

Owlcat has wise

spacefractal

Apple tried to do that last year with iOS4 with the same trick to limit choice of the language to only use xCode, but they got very doomed for that and some month later they axed those rules.

So I dont think limit to one language is a really great a idea without a tool converting C++ to C# or open C++ interface in some way. So a long this is not done, I dont see GlBasic to been ported to that platform.

Android, even there is still some "pitholes" with various bugs, I guess most/all would veen fixed when beta status left off. But its only possible to port to that because there exists a NDK which is a c++ based SDK.

I hope Microsoft see the light doing something the same. Not really to open c++, but a least have such of NDK with some C++ interface would been nice too.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/