Couple ideas for IDE

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi there,

well I want comment something I think can be usefull, well I think in this mode.

1.Well when you have a lot of comments, this it´s always in yellow, some manner to change the comment I want whit the color I want, perhaps I want to put something have more relevance or have more priority to make it well.

2.I don´t know if Glbasic make this now, but we can show the number line of code.

3.And the last, it´s possible to make some shortcuts for more options in IDE (basicaly for media folder), and the media folder can be displayer into , in example the compiler windows or in the function windows, and then drag and drop the media to the code. Sorry I think I stay passing about want too much things  :-[ :-[

okee

Re 1:  What i usually do is put an asterix in front of a comment if it's a piece
of code i should come back to or if it's not 100% tested, then later do a
Find/Find Next search to get back to the code

Quote// * change this piece of code later
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

mentalthink

Yes Okke, I have too my little tricks, but i think whit diferets colors can be more visual, well I don´t be a professional programmer, and perhaps this it´s a lazy idea, I don´t know.

Thanks for your feedback.

Iván J.

Crivens

Links to a to-do list from the code line itself would be even better. There was a to-do list plugin for VB6 that was a major help back in the day if I remember rightly.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Crivens

Ah cool I'll give that a go. Would be brilliant to link a to-do item with a specific line though.

Cheers

Slydog

I tried using a txt file for my todo list last week.  It's good that GLB allows this.
But, it is so monochrome!  Back to mentalthink's original request, it would be great to have different colours for comments.
(and linkable to a line in the project would be awesome!)

Perhaps with a symbol prefix such as:
Code (glbasic) Select
// !This comment is red
// #This comment is green
/// Three slashes could mean a different colour too

Or, have the line colour specified directly (using 3 character FFF notation):
Code (glbasic) Select
// [F0F] This is purple, but more intrusive!

Or allow RTF editing! ha, kinda only kidding.   8)

I'm not sure how much low level control Gernot has over the editor, so I can understand if this isn't doable.

And your second request of the line number, it is displayed in the IDE at the bottom right, but were you meaning to reference this in code (like for a common error handler), or prefix the line in the editor like others do?
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Crivens

Hmm. Yeah that would be cool. Personally if possible I would go with a code that relates to the to-do list. So you would have a to-do list something like this:-
[SGR]Sprite graphics routine - rewrite method used
[SND]Sound effects - put these in place
Turn all the text red

Then against each to-do item have a button that resolves a colour picker so you can apply to any item.

Then anywhere in the code do something like this:-
FOR N=1 TO 10     //[SGR] Go through all sprites
BOB=SAM*2 //[SND] Increase level of bobness

And then the editor simply changes the comments (as many lines as you like if it has the code) to be the same colour as selected against the code in the to-do list. Pretty straightforward and would be quite nice.

Cheers

mentalthink

Crivens this you say for reformat the code, it´s very cool, a great idea!!!.

Slydog, about the line,I like appears the number of code line at left, like in Codeblocks, I look in the bottom of IDE appears, but really I don´t look after too much time of use Glbasic, and only tell us the current line, not?¿, or I´m wrong in this...

Another point, I think it´s important, it´s the shortcut for the media Folder, or somthing making appears the Media floder Stuff into some part of IDE, but the Short-Cut I don´t believe will very complex. I always close the windows I working in something, in any applications, a bad actitude!!!  :S :S

Crivens

That's interesting. Don't know about a PC but looking at my last post most of it is in red. But I didn't choose to do that. Forum bug?

Cheers

Slydog

Not a forum bug, but a feature:

You used the tag: [ R E D ]
Which will display anything in red until you specify another colour.

For example, using this text:
Code (glbasic) Select
[RED]Red Text
[BLUE]Blue Text
[BLACK]Black Text

Produces:
Red Text
Blue Text
Black Text
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Schranz0r

:|

Code (glbasic) Select
[RED][/RED] ...
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard