Android - does it work for you?

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Has anyone tried it on a Android 3.0 machine yet ?

matchy

Quote from: MillersZone on 2011-Apr-11
That's good to hear. The TAB comes with Android 2.2 (FroYo) installed. I should have by Wednesday to test.

LOL, it was a reply to the first post so where post here are about testing.

Millerszone

Tested the program on a Samsung Galaxy Tab with Froyo 2.2.1, like others, the cross-hair was a little to the bottom right of the touch.
I ended the program and tried again but the program locked up the second time.
Screen resolution is 1024 x 600
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

Kitty Hello

the program does not quit properly with the home button. Check it in running tasks and kill manyually if it's still running. I've fixed that already. I fear I have trouble with the Pause state. Would it be much of a problem if it would sent GLB_ON_QUIT instead and quit as it does on iOS 3.1?

MrTAToad

Finally got a replacement for my previously dodgy tablet, and whilst the new one is no-where near perfect, the test program does run - took me a while to work out how to install it though  :-[

Coordinates are off (but they are anyway - screen calibration always fails :( ) - and the horizontal line doesn't go across the complete screen.

Crivens

Quotescreen calibration always fails
Have you tried with a stylus? If still no go then might be faulty. My first tablet did this and I put it down to the screen tech not being as good as iDevice/Android phones (resistive and capacitive screens). After a few weeks it completely failed to accept any touch. Sent it back and they found a corroded cable to be at fault. Replaced the device and callibration worked first time with a stylus and it's a lot better.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

MrTAToad

It'll be worth trying with a stylus pen.  This is the replacement for the first, and is most likely due to being a "cheap" Chinese one :)

I do have another one coming, which will hopefully be better...

ketil

Working on HTC Legend with the Android 2.2 update  :good:
"Sugar makes the world go 'round. Caffeine makes it spin faster."

Wampus

A close friend is planning to get getting a Xoom which runs Android 3.0. Will probably have a chance to play with it next week, which I'm also taking off as holiday so I can finally get some time to work on some of my projects.  =D