Has anyone experience with http://www.fungp.com/

Previous topic - Next topic

Leginus

I had a quick look aroud their developers information and it seems, like Apple, you have to download their SDK to code games for their AppStore.  Does this mean that you would have to submit some kind of source code for them to analyse like apple, or do you just submit an exe of your finished product.

I couldnt find the answer on their site, it just stated that they would test it for bugs and crashes.
Before I email them and find out I thought i would check here first.

cheers
leginus

Ian Price

I tried to join FunGP a month or so back (and download the SDK etc.) - all I got was error upon error. Gave up.
I came. I saw. I played.

Neurox

I'm registred developer on FunGP,
but there are big trouble to upload the files.
I've finished third version of my WIZ-Xylophone,
I've tried five times to upload the app (from a 3
different computers) but it's impossible to save
the file on server  :(
Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for screen printers | www.4pellicole.it

Leginus

Ok thx for the replies.  Looks like it is Apple on its own.  Not that is a bad thing at all :)

Ian Price

Don't forget that there's a Pandora App store. Not sure if they are actually selling anything at the moment, but it is geared up for commercial stuff.

Trouble is, less than 1000 people own a Pandora and 99% of those that do seem to believe that emulators are the be all and end all and that new and/or original software is not important - I know, I had this argument over at GP32X. Short sighted people.

Software is what makes the machine - if all htey want is an emulation station, then the Pandora is going to die a very quick death  - that's if they even get the damned thing made in the first place.
I came. I saw. I played.

Leginus

Very true.  That was one of the concerns that I had, but I thought if its not too much of a conversion then it would be something I would consider for the odd game.

But like you say, if you have an open source mindset of a community, then there is not great potential for selling stuff.

Kitty Hello

I told them many times, but they are so stubborn. They want it all for free. They would never buy anything and don't care about copyrights of the emulated games. And if you talk about copy protection systems on Pandora they all throw pitchforks at you.
A true shame, but IMO the Pandora is a pocket webbrowser (w/o flash) plus multi machine emulator device.

Ian Price

QuoteA true shame, but IMO the Pandora is a pocket webbrowser (w/o flash) plus multi machine emulator device.

I couldn't agree more. A total wasted opportunity and one of the (many) reasons that I cancelled my Pandora pre-order. It's going to end up as an emulation station and not much else :(
I came. I saw. I played.