Thinking about taking app development full time

Previous topic - Next topic

Bursar

Quote from: garyk1968 on 2010-Oct-01
I had some spare time at the start of the year so jumped into iphone development and have done 4 apps now mainly in spare time whilst doing a day job *and* with a family.
Without wishing to be too nosey, how have those apps done finacially? Have they basically given you a bit of beer money, or have they brought in a reasonable amount of cash?

garyk1968

Quote from: Bursar on 2010-Oct-01
Quote from: garyk1968 on 2010-Oct-01
I had some spare time at the start of the year so jumped into iphone development and have done 4 apps now mainly in spare time whilst doing a day job *and* with a family.
Without wishing to be too nosey, how have those apps done finacially? Have they basically given you a bit of beer money, or have they brought in a reasonable amount of cash?

I've made about just shy of £200 from the app store but one of them works with an accounting system (Sage) and needs a server component which is £100 a pop and Ive sold about a dozen of those too.

So in reality beer money from the app store. They are all utilities, hence why I'm here as I am keen to do a game so looking for the best tool for the job!

I'm not entirely sure which way to go; I might stick with ObjC and use Cocos2D, Ive done a couple of games with Gamesalad but they dont run great once on the device. I've also paid for Corona which lets you create stuff in Lua but its quirky language and I did years of BASIC back in the eighties.

Gary