Strange Problem- Need URGENT Help <Any Ideas>

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkSolveDude

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I was working on a project in December 2007. The GLbasic program was nearly finished (Game worked needed to add scoring). The project was put on hold. When I got back to it I first UPDATED GL BASIC and then tried to run the program. Now the program is all screwed up. It seems to be running code from several different versions and not the code that is shown in the editor.

What changes did the GLbasic update do? What would cause my code to stop working anymore. I can't post the code because I am working under a confidentiality agreement. The code looks good. Are there any caches I need to delete? Any steps I should have done with the updates to make sure they were done correctly? Any way I can go back to earlier versions of GLbasic?

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
ThinkSolveDude

ThinkSolveDude

I may have found the answer. I was declaring GLOBALS in the middle of the code and the compiler was not recognizing them. I need to test further but this was certainly ONE of the problems. Any others? The program DID work on the old GLbasic. What other changes were made?

BumbleBee

Start GLBasic IDE -> Help -> Logfile.  There you can see all the new commands and changes since GLBasic was born. :)

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit