GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

I just say one-seven-one.
That's the new version available for download at the link given above. 11.171.
And it has almost all the changes I made before my hdd crash. This version should be a great place to start the real testing. I have a very good feeling with it.

I forgot to menntion, that the Android is supposted to have a wakelock now. Please delete/update your android_manifest.xml file to yielnd the changes:
Code (glbasic) Select

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />

For iPhone/iPad, the rotation with the rounded corners should be fixed as well (I had no time to test all this, but it was recreated from fragments of code that once worked). You have to delete the XCode/Lib directory before rebuilding - maybe.

Here's the changelog:
Code (glbasic) Select

// 11.171-beta
// Editor:
//    Context menu offers "Google" option.
//    Option to disable splash screen implemented.
//    TYPEs are listed in jump-bar.
//    Context menu of tabs improved.
//    Click mouse wheel on a tab to close it.
//
// Samples:
//    _projects_\nativegui added. A win32 and GTK wrapper based native GUI
//        with an dialog editor.
//
// New Command:
//    IIF(expression, on_true, on_false)
//    X_OBJADDVERTEX_NORMAL - call before X_OBJADDVERTEX to user define the normals.
//                            Set X_AUTONORMALS to 0 beforehand.
//
// Compiler:
//    ?ELSEIF implemented.
//    Output of GPCxxxx error numbers for searching in the forums.
//    Nested ?IFDEF did not work sometimes.
//
// Core:
//    SAVESPRITE - png does not include palette information (smaller files)
//    ASR() always returns a positive number (treat input as unsigned int32)
//    If CREATESCREEN fails, GETSPRITESIZE will return 0,0.
//    LIMITFPS has optional vsync parameter (not all platforms supported).
//    Faster handling of constant strings.
//    ALLOWESCAPE didn't work on console apps (NETWEBEND always ended)
//    New data type: int64. Demo: LOCAL i64 AS int64; i64 = ...
//        FILESEEK and GETFILESIZE work with int64 now.
//    RETURN a=b // code was converted to "return a=b" instead of "a==b".
//
// Mac, Linux:
//    AUTOPAUSE FALSE was ignored.
//
// Win32, WinCE:
//    KILLFILE can also remove empty directories.
//
// Android:
//    PLATFORMINFO$("DOCUMENTS") returns external SD card directory
//    PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")   returns internal storage (same as before)
//       if you need the old documents, use PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")+"/.."
//    PLATFORMINFO$("LANG") now returns java.util.Locale.getDefault().getLanguage()
//       instead of getDisplayCountry()
//
//    Better compiler optimization flags for faster results.
//    Support for pause/resume.
//    Copying of initial Media directory indicated with idle animation.
//    Rotating the screen with manifest.xml:
//        <activity android:screenOrientation="unspecified"
//                  android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation"
//        works now. GETSCREENSIZE and GETDESKTOPSIZE will be changed.
//
// iPhone:
//    Retina of "new iPad" supported. If you pick 1024x768 or 768x1024 you get the
//        compatible iPad1/2 mode.
//    PLATFORMINFO$("ID") returns unique string w/o depending on hardware.
//        (uses file in PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")+"/glbasic.deviceid")
//    iphone.xcl file was ignored.
//
// 3D:
//    X_PRINT has optional kerning parameter.
//    X_PRINT faster on mobiles.
//    X_LOADOBJ "",n% didn't free the memory (for X_GENOBJ).

mentalthink

HI Gernnot thanks a lot, this version have a lot of new and exciting thigs... Thanks...

CptnRoughnight

Gerade runtergeladen und schon vollends zufrieden! Die Native GUI sieht gut aus und lässt sich leicht programmieren^^

:good:

mentalthink

Hi Gernnot, for use HTMl5, it´s needed somthing file from internet, some library or something...

I have this trouble:

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:5 commands
compile+link:
python.exe "Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc" -O1 --llvm-lto 0 --typed-arrays 2 -IQ:\Compiler\platform\Include -IC:\Users\mentalthink\Documents\GLBasic\test -DEMSCRIPTEN -DNDEBUG -DWANT_SDL -DHAVE_OPENGL C:\Users\MENTAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp C:\Users\MENTAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp Q:\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\libGLBasicWebGL.o -o C:\Users\MENTAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\output.html -DHTML5=1
exit
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

I try to search something in the help... but I don´t see nothing (I suppose becuase Its a Beta)

spacefractal

just tested new version on Android:

- Precompiler is v10.070.
- There is no assets animation.
- EDIT2: The Surface Change do work, but ORIENTATION does not. The game still shown in very offset LANDSCAPE mode when orentation to PORTRAIT (if game started in LANDSCAPE mode). Still not found why (but looking).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

check if your manifest.xml was changed with the orientation settings.

spacefractal

its does, look in http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=7915.msg72352#msg72352, so I avoid talk about this in thread and hijack it. Its was not intended. Its somewhere a orientation issue.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

kanonet

I have mayor problems with this new Version (V11.171) I cant compile many of my old code (that worked with last beta). I managed to track down one of the problems to this short code:
Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE TTest
a$
FUNCTION bug:
IF self.a$<>"" THEN self.a$=""
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

I get this error:
Code (glbasic) Select
Wordcount:2 commands
compiling:

linking:
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x47b): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_2'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x48f): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_2'
*** FATAL ERROR - Bitte die Compiler-Ausgabe ins Forum kopieren
Dauer: 1.6 sek. Zeit: 16:02
Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich.
*** 1 FEHLGESCHLAGEN ***

Still trying to hunt down the other problems and of cause the GPC problems from last beta remains.

EDIT: I managed to track down my other problems, this short code demonstrates it:
Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE TTest
FUNCTION bug: f$=""
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

I get this error message:
Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:0 commands
compiling:
C:\Users\kanonet\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:9: error: expected `,' or `...' before '(' token
C:\Users\kanonet\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:9: error: expected `)' before ';' token
C:\Users\kanonet\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:9: error: prototype for `DGInt __GLBASIC__::TTest::bug(__GLBASIC__::CGStr)' does not match any in class `__GLBASIC__::TTest'
C:\Users\kanonet\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h:12: error: candidate is: DGInt __GLBASIC__::TTest::bug(__GLBASIC__::DGStr)
C:\Users\kanonet\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:9: error: declaration of `DGInt __GLBASIC__::TTest::bug(__GLBASIC__::CGStr)' outside of class is not definition
C:\Users\kanonet\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:10: error: expected initializer before ')' token
*** FATAL ERROR - Bitte die Compiler-Ausgabe ins Forum kopieren
Dauer: 1.1 sek. Zeit: 16:18
Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich.
*** 1 FEHLGESCHLAGEN ***

So it seams there are problems with strings in functions in types. Hope this gets solved soon.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

spacefractal

also you can not use TYPE Anim, which cause a class error, howover its was easy fixed to rename to something different. So no bug, since I just guess Anim is now a reservede word. Its was only compile error I got in my game, before its compiled nicely.

MrTAToad

Sounds like variable declaration needs changing :)

Raspberry Pi & HTML 5 compiling current't aren't working - but then Gernot did mention that previously.

mentalthink

Thanks Mr-T Iñm confused, because I look the 2 icons changed and I thinked now it´s working...  :'( :'(

MrTAToad

No, just get a compiler error unfortunately :)

D2O

Quote from: Dr.Damn Fist on 2012-Sep-15
Gerade runtergeladen und schon vollends zufrieden! Die Native GUI sieht gut aus und lässt sich leicht programmieren^^

:good:

Wo, wie... ich finde nichts  :blink:
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

matchy

Strings.  :zzz:

Error compiling for sfxr wrapper on 11.171.  :'(

output:
Code (glbasic) Select

gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xead3): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_3e9'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xead9): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_3e9'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xed8a): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_3ed'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xed9e): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_3ed'

cpp source reference:
Code (glbasic) Select

CGStr __glb_cstr_3e9("0");
sstr_Str=__glb_cstr_3e9+sstr_Str;

fivesprites

The compilation errors are, I believe, due to GLB performing some case updates on your code.  For example, I had the issue with it changing the names of my Types:

Previously I had:

Code (glbasic) Select
myType as MyType

but now, GLB changes this to:

Code (glbasic) Select
MyType as MyType

To fix this I modified my type to be TMyType and then all instances renamed:

Code (glbasic) Select
myType as TMyType

Took a while to work through the whole project, but this fixed all of my initial issues.

//Andy