Male or Female?

Previous topic - Next topic

Moebius

Just out of interest...
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

Kitty Hello

I prefer females. However, 3/4 of my family is female, so I don't have to be.

matchy

My pet cat is female. :noggin:

It's not a well formed question but I prefer to stay male like the majority of my family. (See what I did KH?  :D)

Neurox

Quote from: matchy on 2010-Sep-14
My pet cat is female. :noggin:

My cat was male, now ... zac ... is male without... =D

Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for screen printers | www.4pellicole.it

Kitty Hello

They're supposed to taste like hare.

Ian Price

I'm male. My wife isn't. My son is. One dog is. One dog isn't. Three female cats. Two male budgies. 1 female hamster. 2 male sugar gliders. 6 fish - not sure about any of them, but I think they are all called Bob.
I came. I saw. I played.

aonyn

For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Hatonastick

Quote from: Ian Price on 2010-Sep-14
but I think they are all called Bob.
Ok Odd Bob is pretty interesting character, but sometimes you can take hero worship too far you know.  =D

Sugar gliders?  Interesting pets and fascinating animals.

As for our family.  I'm a guy, I have no partner or kids.  Got one male and one female parent who I live with due to my medical situation.  One female as my sister.  She has one male and one female kids that I see an awful lot of (single mother) because mum looks after them.  I have one male and one female oriental cats (we have a cat run so ours can't devastate the local wildlife -- orientals/siamese really are ninjas, we had one years ago that caught a large Murray Magpie in flight, 6ft off of the ground and was away so quick we couldn't rescue it.  The male of the two I currently have can leap up to 7ft off the ground, he used to jump with ease onto an odd wall we had in our last house.  I measured it one day out of interest and it was over 7ft).  No other pets these days.  Used to live on a farm with plenty of the usual farm 'pets' (some tame sheep outside the herd, few cattle, lots of ducks, chickens and even some peacocks) though including a large number of Australian wildlife from Echidnas to Kangaroos, Emus, Kookaburras, even some sort of Quail (we had some of the last bushland in the entire area because we refused to clear it -- only 80 acres worth unfortunately).  Man,  I really miss that place despite all the work it required to keep things going.  With the land and all the trees it was an absolutely brilliant place for kids to grow up.  Well besides the brown snakes that is.  We had lots of them too but they weren't pets and didn't like being played with. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Ian Price

Cats really are surprising beasts aren't they? You never really know what they're thinking or what they are capable of. One of our cats brought back home a full roast chicken once - some poor sod went without Sunday roast that day! Another brought home a few old screwdrivers!?!. We've had bats, frogs, mice and worms all delivered by one cat or another into our main lounge, all alive (we've had deadies too - including mice without heads). And a huge, fully grown pigeon; probably not as big as a Murray Magpie, but it was bigger than the cat that brought it in. I don't know if my cat killed it or found it dead, but it managed to get it through the cat flap with surprising ease. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

S. P. Gardebiter

Where is the option for "both"?
Because I feel like beeing both D;
~ Cave Story rules! ~

shadok85

Quote from: Ian Price on 2010-Sep-15
Cats really are surprising beasts aren't they? You never really know what they're thinking or what they are capable of. One of our cats brought back home a full roast chicken once - some poor sod went without Sunday roast that day! Another brought home a few old screwdrivers!?!. We've had bats, frogs, mice and worms all delivered by one cat or another into our main lounge, all alive (we've had deadies too - including mice without heads). And a huge, fully grown pigeon; probably not as big as a Murray Magpie, but it was bigger than the cat that brought it in. I don't know if my cat killed it or found it dead, but it managed to get it through the cat flap with surprising ease. :(

Stories on puppies and kittens always amaze me =D I once had a cat who was so cunning that he liked to travel in the car... yeah, in the space between the front wheel and the front suspension, don't ask me how he did... By that way I found him the first time, and by that way I lost him too... One day, while I was starting the car, he jumped in this "alcove", I was unaware of him. So I drove off to my girlfriend's home and when I stopped, he fell off from the wheel and never to see him again. I knew it because the cat remained for a few days around that place, everyone saw him but my gf. This happened many many months ago, I wonder where is he now...  :(

Ian Price

QuoteI wonder where is he now...
:( :(
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

As a kid we had a cat, that was away for about... a month or longer. One day she came back and we gaver her food and were all cheery, until re realized that the whole tummy was sort of torn out. Must have met a wheet harvester or maybe a very big dog/fox thing. Poor one.

That was, btw, the day I decided never to get a cat again. Dude, we weeped  for weeks. And now my kids persuaded me to get a cat again. Tom cat he is, quite a cutie. I already fear the day he passes off. :/

Hatonastick

Yeah that's the main problem with pets.  They die.  And if  you are like me you get very attached to them.  I know it's going to be extremely hard for me when these two cats go.  They are getting on a bit too now.  The years I was really ill and they were almost my only companions because both my parents were working full time (I'd see them maybe an hour a day), they helped keep me going.  So I'm possibly even more emotionally involved than I would be normally.

The alternative is you don't have any, but I've never enjoyed those between-pets moments.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).