v11, windows DLL

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

I am not able to output DLL in version 11, can anyone confirm this?

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

It seems to create a DLL here (with exported function)

Hemlos

You did this with V11?

I am using backspaces source as below, with the project option win32-dll selected and applied.
No dll is being created, i even did a search in my hdd.

QuoteWindows xp sp3.
GLBasic IDE, Version: 11.261

Code (glbasic) Select
FUNCTION addem#: number1#, number2#
   LOCAL result#
   result# = number1# + number2#
   RETURN result#
ENDFUNCTION

EXPORT addem

kanonet

Using V11.261 on Win7 Pro x64 works, dll gets created, using backspaces source.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

backspace

@ Hemlos: It may seem like a silly question, but did you, after selecting the Win32-dll in the project,  compile the project using Menu: Compiler -> Multi Platform, then select Win32-dll -> Ok? It took me a while to figure out that standard compile does not generate a dll.
Hope you don't mind me asking.
I came, I saw, I coded.

MrTAToad

Quote from: Hemlos on 2013-Jan-05
You did this with V11?

I am using backspaces source as below, with the project option win32-dll selected and applied.
No dll is being created, i even did a search in my hdd.

QuoteWindows xp sp3.
GLBasic IDE, Version: 11.261

Code (glbasic) Select
FUNCTION addem#: number1#, number2#
   LOCAL result#
   result# = number1# + number2#
   RETURN result#
ENDFUNCTION

EXPORT addem

Yes, I'm using 11.261

Hemlos

Thanks for the feedback nick and christoph.

@backspace
Yessir, I triple checked this.

Kitty Hello

Is it output to the distribute directory?

Hemlos

You guys....are killin me.  >:D

....................................screenshot.........................................

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hemlos

Heres an even better screenshot!

8)

backspace

Perhaps change the name to something else like mytest-dll. For some reason if I make a name with a hyphen, it builds the dll, an exe and the wrapper gbas file. Only if i use a hyphen in the name. No idea why.
Perhaps the name drivers.dll may be confusing something somewhere ?  Just a thought.
I came, I saw, I coded.

MrTAToad

Activate & deactivate debug mode to force a recompile.

By the way, you are compiling for Windows executable and not DLL :)

This is a DLL being compiles :

Hemlos

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2013-Jan-05
Activate & deactivate debug mode to force a recompile.
This didnt work.

By the way, you are compiling for Windows executable and not DLL :)
How do you figgure?

This is a DLL being compiles :

Cool video, but my ide is making an exe as opposed to a dll.

See new screenshot, clearly im using "Win32-dll"

MrTAToad

But are you using Compiler -> Build Multi-platform -> Windows DLL (as per the video) ?

Hemlos

Im not compiling for multi-platforms, im compiling for only one.
Naturally i am not using the multiplatform button.
The project options says "Platform configuration" and "Build for this platform".

This nasty little drop box is a pain in my behind lol....

Which leads to several other bugs relating to the project,gbap XML and the project options window:

If you switch that dropbox platform selection a few times, the IDE saves these selections in the project.gbap XML, along with all the other selections you may have made at any time. Which pretty much destroyed my project and im not sure how to correct it at this point, other than reverting to a backup....stupid me used my ape demo to test this....i backedup first tho, whew.

When i was playing with this option for my APE demo, i selected HTML 5, and a few other platforms.......
This led to the name of the executable to go from APE_V3 to APE_V_ ....the problem here is when i try to edit this name in the options window and press apply it will always revert back to the name APE_V_ even if i choose win32, AND even if i remove the selection from the project.gbap XML directly by hand. The ide absolutely refuses to let me choose the name of my executable now under all circumnstances.

And this leads to an observation about the project XML file, there is no place in the project.gbap xml file that shows the executable name saved for the project.

Is there really a purpose for this platform droplist, and if not why is it there?

Once the IDE change my executable name, how do i revert back to the original name i choose, am i stuck using a backup?

@gernot: the multiplatform button compiles a DLL as expected....its this droplist thing that is the bug here.