Goodbye! Yahoo!

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

Yahoo! said,  "Get! Lost!"

Sad really, i have had an account with them forever, and i was one to "swear by them!".

They have litterally no support for windows xp browsers..ive tried all these; firefox, chrome, ie, safari, only to find the email composer broken, and homepage totally ugly and broken on all of them.

Hello! GMail!
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

Yahoo has been dying for years - welcome to the modern world! :)

Moru

Hmm, I don't really call a web-based email client "The future". It all feels so slow and cumbersome to do anything when you are used to a modern email client :-)

Hemlos

Webmail is great if you use your wifes computer  8)
Besides how am i supposed to get 'end of the world' news as it happens, and email, at the same time?!

ps. 2 days left <chuckle>

mentalthink

BUff I never use this mail acounts, hotmails and this things, at the begin I have internet yes... but hotmail, yahoo or something like this... in fact I don't use Gmail... a hosting for 5€ at year I thing it's more usefull... Well for shit emails ok...  =D

erico

...but somehow... the more mainstream "free" email, like google or hotmail, the faster it delivers... It seems some owned hosted domains get to struggle once in a while. Conspirancies conspirancies... >:D

Hemlos

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Dec-21
Well for shit emails ok...  =D

Exactly.. and if the advertising tracking agents get a hold of your permanent email, youll be sorting through spam forever!
It good practice to have multiple accounts, at least one permanent email account, and one or two free ones to separate the spam-agents.

I never get spam on my main email account.
Ill be DAMNED if i let some random bot spam my PC email program!

I think the point of this thread was MISSED right from the get-go.
This thread wasnt about the modern world, nor modern software, rather the fact that yahoo...is going down baby, pull your stocks.

-Love ya's, Neil