v14.001 setscreen issues

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Kitty Hello

Does 14.003 fix it?

MrTAToad

kanonet

In my tests SETSCREEN is fixed, thank you.

But fullscreen set in project settings is still ignored (tested on windows only).
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

fullscreen in project windows is an interesting issue.
other that that i think setscreen is fixed.

just touching on that fullscreen options bug...
When i use it, it looks like it starts to go into fullscreen,
but then it glitches the whole screen for a split second, then becomes a window.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

erico

Are the issues gone on the latest 006 version?
If so, maybe the poster could update the title to add a [FIXED] at its end? Would that be a good idea?

I ran 006 here on window and no problems with the setscreen, how is the full screen doing?

spacefractal

SETSCREEN did not work here either, but did with the newer version. But im do have a oddie after setting to fullscreen:

- You must CLICK on the fullscreen, before keyboard works (which does a little some half second "black" screen or some sort of that).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hemlos

I think its still not 100% working.
I will have more info by this weekend i hope.
It could be my software with a bug, but i doubt it because it works on my computer.

The fullscreen switch in setscreen, during runtime, is when the failure is experienced.
The program running, using setsceeen, failed when it was expanding from 1280x768 to the fullscreen size of the testers desktop size. Personally i dont experience this, but im going to run more tests.

erico

I tested this full screen code on my win7 running glb 006:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=10437.0

Fullscreen with setscreen worked fine on my end.

spacefractal

heer im set a random none screen resolution, and allways have used the user DESKTOP resolution, which is the most correct way to do.

Its fixed here as least with the DESTOP resolution, not what its set in the Project Options (which is more more wandered out and is really only for a windowered resolution anyway).

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hemlos

Quote from: Hemlos on 2015-Aug-20
The program running, using setsceeen, failed when it was expanding from 1280x768 to the fullscreen size of the testers desktop size. Personally i dont experience this, but im going to run more tests.

I didnt experience the problem, because my gpu can do the window res in fullscreen.
AND i THOUGHT i was using desktop size...i intended to, and failed to add it to the switching algorithm.
Thanks for the insights, i had to revisit my code.

All is well im sure, i will reply again if its still failing.

ProN3rd