TYPE tracking

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Would it be possible to add a colour highlight bar to the TYPE/ENDTYPE code, similar to that seen with FUNCTION code (where everything within that function is highlighted by the green bar on the left)?

See image below.

This would make it easier to find TYPEs (especially since they don't appear in the jumpbar "Jumps" list).

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

hardyx

¿What happens with functions inside types? =D. I take this thread for comment I don't like the tick colour bar in the margin. I like to see a line only, like in other IDEs, because the rectangle distract me from the code. I'll like to disable the filling or draw only a coloured line.

Ian Price

A coloured line is also an option. As is colouring the whole TYPE block (that would prevent problems with TYPEs in FUNCTIONs). The other option is to show TYPEs in the Jump bar. I did suggest this a long while ago.

Maybe options could be toggled to turn the blocks/lines whatever on/off.

Gernot is never going to please everyone, no matter what he adds, but seeing as TYPEs are pretty important, the ability to find them quickly would be good.
I came. I saw. I played.

Markus

my solution for you :-)

Here:
TYPE THello

ENDTYPE

you can see it now in the jumplist

Ian Price

Quoteyou can see it now in the jumplist
No you can't. Which is what I stated in the first post.

Functions and data appear - Types don't.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

Markus

I know, but you can write the unique Type name as Jump Mark before like TMyType:
Its helpful because you can REM Types you don't need to edit for a better overview.
I need also Jumpmarks for some Parts in a Programm that i editing today.

Your Types are not in a Jump List because a Programm not Jump in this Position.
In the beginning a Type had no Funktions inside , it was a simple struct.

Ian Price

That wasn't what I was requesting.

I know how to find TYPEs etc through REMs and searching. Not having them in the Jump bar seems like an obvious oversight to me and would make find them a lot easier than any other method.
I came. I saw. I played.

Markus

ok, i never wanted to change your request, its still there  :good:

fuzzy70

It would be nice to have them in the Jump list I agree, also my request to be able to fold them like functions in the ide a few months back would be nice  =D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Slydog

Ah, I never use the jumps list as it shares the same window as the 'Files' list.
My project has about 30 files, so I can't keep them all open at once!
I would expect TYPEs to be in the jump list however.
If the TYPE is unfolded, then also list the TYPE's functions in the jump list, beneath the TYPE.
If folded, just list the TYPE name.

I no longer use the code folding either, since it had that bug a while back that ate characters.
(I assume this has been fixed?)
But I would like the TYPEs to be foldable, if / when I start using folding again.

BUT one feature not discussed (but I got the idea from an earlier post requesting the bookmarks to be saved with the project file) is to have a list of custom jumps / bookmarks, named by you (of course it saves with the projects). 

Have this list available kinda like the jumps list.  I find I only jump between like 10 - 20 functions for most of my programming.  Have it project wide, not just for current file.  And make it easy to add / drop (even group?) jumps.  I don't care about listing EVERY function I have, as it gets way too cluttered!  Even have this custom jump list in a combo box to access.  Just a thought!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Kitty Hello

OK, V11 will allow folding TYPEs and you find them in the jump-bar.

About the jump-places, how about a Ctrl+Shift+F, that remembers the last entered items?

I use this a lot in large projects, so I have comments like:__ITEM_TYPES_SEE_HERE__

Ian Price

Cheers Gernot :)
I came. I saw. I played.