iPhone Touch demo and howto compile

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle

Hello all,

I had a play around this afternoon and came up with this...

http://www.glbasic.com/showroom.php?site=games&game=iphonetouchfeatureexample&lang=en

it's basically a demo showing the touch control of the iphone programmed in GLBasic.

I also made this quick video to show how to compile to the iphone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGdTdmCI34w

hope it helps.

Cheers

Unc

MrTAToad

Should be useful to everyone!

Ian Price

QuoteShould be useful to everyone!
As long as they have a Mac. And an iPhone/iPod Touch:(

I want one now.

Nice one Uncle :)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

If you need anything compiled for an iMac, I can do it for you.

Cant help with the iPhone/iPod though :)

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

MikeHart

Hi folks,

I downloaded the demo of GLBasic as I am interest in developing for the iphone. Is the demo not able to compile for the iphone?

If it is not a released feature, can you estimate when it will be available? And will GlBasic support the iphones accelerators too?

MrTAToad

If the demo is V6, then it wont - you need to try the V7 RC2 version - available from the Shoutbox

Uncle

Quote from: MikeHart on 2009-Aug-08
And will GlBasic support the iphones accelerators too?

Yes it will support accelerators.  I think it treats them as joystick inputs.  If I get time I will try and make a demo of this as well.

trucidare

Nice video Uncle.

Accelo is a joystick in glbasic. Tryout joystick commands and dont forget to normalize for smoothly function

you like iPhone?
try things and let us know if its working or not and what must be added to glbasic. (not GPS, its working but hidden yet)

MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MikeHart

Uncle

Quote from: trucidare on 2009-Aug-09
Nice video Uncle.

Accelo is a joystick in glbasic. Tryout joystick commands and dont forget to normalize for smoothly function

you like iPhone?
try things and let us know if its working or not and what must be added to glbasic. (not GPS, its working but hidden yet)

The accelerometers are working well.  The only thing I haven't been able to do is figure out when the orientation of the iPhone has changed i.e. landscape to portrait etc.  Well I did work out a method but it was flaky at best.  I've searched the iPhone SDK and Im still not sure how they do it.  I think its part of the UIViewController class.  But it would be good to have a get function to return the current orientation, then we can decide on how to handle the event. 

trucidare

Gernot is working for this.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Kitty Hello

To get the current orientation, just check which axis has the strongest amplitude. There's an image in the manual in uhm... "platform specific stuff" or so...

I'm working on a native landscape mode, where you can use SETSCREEN to rotate it.

codegit

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Aug-11

I'm working on a native landscape mode, where you can use SETSCREEN to rotate it.

Yes please, Yes please, Yes please, Yes please, Yes please, ....... =D
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added